Alright, so I have 2 questions for experts and other knowledgeable people involving values of guitars.
1. I have a Gibson Faded SG that I don't really want anymore. It's in very good condition and the only modification made to it was lowering the action which helps it play better anyway. I would like to know of what would be a realistic estimate of the value of this guitar. Even a range would be good.
2. I'm looking to buy a new guitar. I'm looking for something suitable for genres like Technical Death Metal. My budget is $700 and below. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Well for metal:
-Something with active pups would be good.
-Jim Root Tele is pretty good.
-Always check out the Jacksons.

As for the SG i wouldnt no.
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
for your SG, sell it for about 60-70% of what you bought it for, or what it sells for now (maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less).

yeah, tech, active pickups (make sure you have a good amp first tho), check out esp's and ibanez's (with pickup swaps).

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Not sure about the SG, but as for a new guitar I would look into a Schecter, Ibanez, or maybe a ESP LTD. Ive had good experiences with all these companies, especially schecter.
you could always drop some active pickups in the sg
but if ur set on something else
perhaps try ibanez or esp
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
No, I thought about doing that, but it's just not a good guitar.

Thanks for the advise everyone.
Quote by dandoosh101
__|__
--------(_)--------
--

One lol Bomber for you
Greatest lol yet
what amp do you have? remember that the foundation of your tone will be set upon your amp so if you play through some starter pack amp you aren't going to get very far with active emg pickups.