Hello there Ug guys.

I know there has beed several thread about wah pedal for metal, but I still want to ask for myself so here I go,

I am currently playing in a band a I decided that I want to use wah pedal on some of my guitar soloes, but I don't know what to but a wah suddenly, because I don't have experiece with it.
I am playing in my Ibanez, drop C tuning, we play metal, thrash metal, or even death metal..

HHmm, lamb of god is one of our insparation for the riffs and songs, but my most inspiration is metallica, and some classic rock like GnR, band FOR my soloes..

Budget doesnt matter right now, please come with your opinios..
Tnx

P.S. sorry for my bad english

EDIT : This is the best music store we have here in Denmark and the only wah pedal available they have. Maybe they have more in the store.. But chose for these pedals..
http://www.aage.dk/shoppingsystem/produkter.asp?search1=wah
Last edited by xxx_lionel_xxx at Jul 18, 2009,
I believe Kirk Hammet uses a Crybaby sometimes, and sometimes a Morley.
535q
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
Kirk has his own signature crybaby out now... I haven't tried it but that might be good for what you want
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
There are different wahs for different sounds, and it all depends on what kind of sound you're looking for.

If you're looking for a wah like metallica uses in the Black Album, you should try out some auto-wahs or dyna-wahs, that work themselves. There is a slight difference in sound between automatic wahs and manual wahs, and a good way to hear it is by listening to the solo in "Sweet Child of Mine", and then listening to the solo in "Enter Sandman"

There are a few good dyna wahs out their, but not many. I recommend Boss, just because all of the Boss pedals I own are great. As for manual wahs, look for Dunlap Crybabies. I own the Wylde Wah, and it's pretty heavy duty if you are rough on your gear, although there are no controls. There are a bunch of Crybabies out there, so try out things at a music store to see what you like.
Ibanez Weeping Demon is great for high gain stuff. It's got a level control, Q, and hi sweep control, plus a fine a tuning range and two options as far as turning on the wah is concerned (rock mount and toggle) and the amount of time the pedal stays on in the rock mount position. Plus, you can adjust the amount of resistance on the pedal itself. 100 dollars and true-bypass.

It doesn't sound as creamy as a CrybabyQ, but it handles gain much better.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Well thnks for the opinios. But I forgot to say that all of our song is with 'growling' so its basically death metal.

Here is a sample of our song before i joined the band. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_jPNBmnSQk

Its that style of music we plays so its hard to decide for me which one should I buy.
Last edited by xxx_lionel_xxx at Jul 18, 2009,
Quote by JayT44
Kirk has his own signature crybaby out now... I haven't tried it but that might be good for what you want

IMO, it sounds horrible.

EDIT: I still recommend the Teese RCM3 or Wizard over all other suggestions.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
check out the morley tremonti wah, i gt it last week after considering the 535q n weeping demon and i am so happy with my choice. Its great for heavy **** its gt an adjustable boost so your solos will cut through its amazing. Its pretty slick on the cleans if used right quite versatile but suited more to distorted stuff.
The Merchant Of the Resident Evil Club
]

Quote by hminh87
What is that big hole at the neck joint for?

Quote by Hoodoo Child
the neck?
Morley Power Wah or the Tremonti sig
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
the kirk hammett crybaby kh95 kicks butt
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
I like the bad horsie, but tremonti is prolly better for metal. It adds quite some distortion on a clean channel, so if you're gonna use the wah on any type of clean channel, the bad horsie is better.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
^^+1 i like my badhorsie II, i feel it gets the job done for heavy distortion, but i have problems with it "cutting through"

but i'd go with the tremonti for this, though i feel the bad horsie handles cleans better, the tremonit will do better for distortion.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Unfortunately I've never been able to try out a Morley or anything other than the Dunlop wahs. I played through the Dime, Hendrix, Slash and Wylde wahs and I have to say I was most impressed with the Zakk Wylde signature. I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
I compared a few wahs when I bought my one, can't remember what they all were but I remember being very dissapointed in the Crybaby Origonal, ended up with the Morley Power Wah and I'm very happy with it.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
RMC Wizard Wah.

The Kirk Hammet wah is horrendous.
Every time the toe goes down I cringe into the beetle position and rock back and forward.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
Ibanez Weeping Demon is great for high gain stuff. It's got a level control, Q, and hi sweep control, plus a fine a tuning range and two options as far as turning on the wah is concerned (rock mount and toggle) and the amount of time the pedal stays on in the rock mount position. Plus, you can adjust the amount of resistance on the pedal itself. 100 dollars and true-bypass.

It doesn't sound as creamy as a CrybabyQ, but it handles gain much better.

the weeping demon is absolutely *not* true-bypass. please please please educate yourself so you will know what the hell you are talking about. in fact, that is the paramount issue with the weeping demon, it sucks the tone out of your rig and leaves your sound completely sterile, even when not engaged.

lmao...and what the hell is 'rock mount?'

TS, go with a morley, specifically a tremonti or generic power wah.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']RMC Wizard Wah.

The Kirk Hammet wah is horrendous.
Every time the toe goes down I cringe into the beetle position and rock back and forward.

fetal position, maybe?