So I am trying to gather information on the Floyd rose before I work on other tunings and such with it.

Is there anyway to set the guitar up so I can change the tuning from Standard to One Step Down without messing up the strings or doing something that requires wasting alot of time tuning.

I heard the idea of having the tuning: Half Step down. Then using fine tuners to adjust between Standard and One Step Down.

Can anyone tell me about their experiance in these matters?
Also i am open to ideas. I just need some help.

(I am much for writing and learning songs in One Step Down but my Guitar School requires me to be playing in Standard tuning while taking their classes and I was hoping to use my ESP FR-II Horizon in both. So I am looking at what I can do).

-Gulli05
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
The more you change tunings with floyd rose that faster you'll be able to do it.

It's nearly impossible for you to change tunings using the fine tuners, so don't do it.

Each time you change tunings, you'll have to re-adjust the bridge.

You could block the trem or get a tremolo, but this will hinder use of the trem.

You could also get a D-tuner, to go to Drop D, but this also hinders the use of the tremolo, as you have to block the trem to install it.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
The more you change tunings with floyd rose that faster you'll be able to do it.

It's nearly impossible for you to change tunings using the fine tuners, so don't do it.

Each time you change tunings, you'll have to re-adjust the bridge.

You could block the trem or get a tremolo, but this will hinder use of the trem.

You could also get a D-tuner, to go to Drop D, but this also hinders the use of the tremolo, as you have to block the trem to install it.

Thanks,
I am not trying to go to drop D but one step down which is dropping each string down by one whole note. (E to D, A to G, etc.)

I would like to hear from more people. I want as most info as I can into this thread about this. Find all my possibilities.
And with these wings

-Symphony X
Last edited by Gulli05 at Jul 18, 2009,
Quote by Gulli05

I would like to hear from more people. I want as most info as I can into this thread about this. Find all my possibilities.

Those are all your possibilities...

Those and use two guitars, or don't change tunings at all.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by biga29

K - thanks man. Just needed to know. I'll just have to learn more on these kind of things. Again, thanks.
And with these wings

-Symphony X
Quote by biga29

Yup.
Quote by Gulli05
K - thanks man. Just needed to know. I'll just have to learn more on these kind of things. Again, thanks.

Anytime, and unlike what most people say, It isn't impossible to change tunings on a Floyd, it just takes practice and patience.

And BobDetroit. Is that a tele style guitar with a floating trem? What kind is it?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Tele with a top mounted Floyd that I blocked. USA Production Charvel San Dimas Style 2.

Last edited by BobDetroit at Jul 18, 2009,
Thats pretty tight.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦