GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
i'd rather save a few thousand and tune the guitar myself

+1
Drum drum drum away!
yeah turning that tuning peg zaps the life out of me so im glad gibson invented a guitar that tunes it for me....-_-
Yeah same here and the Gibson Robots are just a Les Paul Studio that like £2000?? and you can get a normal studio for like £800 - £900
I've seen a review of it, this guy I know from the internet has one, it sounds very nice.
Although, it's quite expensive. (maybe a bit overpriced)
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Add on another thousand if you want a Darkfire...
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
It's a good idea for gigging musicians who need to change tunings during a set. However, it's based on the LP Studio and SG Special models, which aren't really good enough for heavy gigging anyway, so Gibson have kind of missed the boat with it.

Still, at least it's better than the horrible tuning modelling of the VG Strat.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
i think the locker tuners are more usefull for gigging i now have a LP standard without the tuners but im soon gonna trade it in for the one at the shop with those lockers
keeps a hell lot better in tune for my bends...

robot may be good but the expensive cost puts a far away untill i make millions with rock n' roll xD
Yeah like John Rzeznik said he can go from about 7 guitars to 3 which is good for him but for somone who like goes from standard to drop d it's pretty much pointless.
Actually, if they really want to impress me they can make a robot explorer w/ an OFR. That would really be the only Robot Gibson I would consider buying.

Rhoads if you are refering to the John Rzeznik thing he uses about 5 tunings per show just for his electric guitars lol.
Quote by leftyace
Actually, if they really want to impress me they can make a robot explorer w/ an OFR. That would really be the only Robot Gibson I would consider buying.
It can't work. It'd work with the VG Strat where tuning is simply modelled, but the Robot system actually physically re-tunes and helps re-intonate the string, and a Floyd can't cope with that unless you lock it off (in wich case there'd be no point having a Floyd anyway).
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
It can't work. It'd work with the VG Strat where tuning is simply modelled, but the Robot system actually physically re-tunes and helps re-intonate the string, and a Floyd can't cope with that unless you lock it off (in wich case there'd be no point having a Floyd anyway).

I'm aware of that. I meant I would be impressed if they could integrate a locking FR system into the robot system so that it's able to unlock, tune, fine tune and lock all by itself. Still not worth thousands of dollars extra but would still be impressive.

Its pretty much an overpriced guitar for lazy people
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Quote by leftyace
I'm aware of that. I meant I would be impressed if they could integrate a locking FR system into the robot system so that it's able to unlock, tune, fine tune and lock all by itself. Still not worth thousands of dollars extra but would still be impressive.
We're a few decades away from a system smart enough that could adjust for variable spring tension and still be small and light enough to fit into a guitar.
Don't the Robots help intonation as well?

That's annoying, to me. But I hear about strings breaking all the time because of the auto tuners.

Not with $3000.
Quote by MrFlibble
We're a few decades away from a system smart enough that could adjust for variable spring tension and still be small and light enough to fit into a guitar.

...Which is why I would be so impressed

stupid. most people normally play in 1 tuning and the only kind of musicians/bands that would use so many tunings would be jack white or sonic youth
Quote by metalcorefan
For $3000 you can get 4 $700 guitars with different tunnings

But what ever floats your boat
The point is the Robot can offer you those tunings (and more) without you even having to unplug it or put the amp on standby. In a gig situation where time and space is limited, that is a huge bonus.

But as I said, the Studio and Special aren't gig-worthy anyway so the quality defeats the point of the feature.

When they put the Robot features on a Standard or better guitar and they give it it's own control access so you can still change the pots and pickups without messing up the Robot stuff, then I will very happily buy one.
I'd buy one for resale value if I was Rich(er).
Think about how much a first run will be in about 30-40 years. I think the Robot Studio is more of a prototype for what Gibson Will do. The DarkFire had a robot system, and more. I'm assuming we'll be seeing more of that. Its more of a stage guitar, to change tunings faster than with a tuner. Its also kinda a showoff guitar. (Hey! My guitar can tune itself!)
errr, maybe if it had a vagina.??
If all else fails, you better contact your mother! COME ON!

::type
I found it rather dumb compared to the Standards.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by cajun_prince
errr, maybe if it had a vagina.??

wat

HI fellow filipino!

and +1 to Mr. Flibble.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
It will become standard on all guitars and tuning wont be in question. I thought a lot about how to get one guitar for every purpose eg dropped b metal to jazz and its feasable but you are compromising on string tension and tone. I have invested in a £10 capo instead!
A guitar tuning itself would drive me insane. I already know I wouldn't trust it for whatever reason.

But anyway, isn't the only available robot model the V right now?

And capos... even if you are in a step down and you need to play a half step down from standard, the actual tuning is way off. Capos are good and fun to mess with, but I don't see myself using one in a gig for playing in standard or whatever from a whole step down or how ever far down.

Maybe it's just my capo...
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Jul 18, 2009,
I was wondering.

If this guitar tunes it self, if I tuned it down a half step, would it tune inself back to standard?