Poll: What instrument should I Buy?
Poll Options
View poll results: What instrument should I Buy?
Electric Guitar
28 55%
Electric Bass
14 27%
Acoustic Guitar
9 18%
Voters: 51.
I need your guys' help. I went to GC yesterday and looked around. Was checking out the basses and some employee comes over. He says "hey, need any help etc." I said yeah, I'm looking for a first bass. He demo's one and tells me he can get me a bass + an amp for 300$. I said ill think about it. Checked out the guitars, electrics and acoustics, and I finally realized, I don't know what to play... Im at home playing an acoustic because that's what I've played for A year and a half. Help me decide.

TL;DR: You should really read it. But I don't know whether to buy a bass, guitar, or acoustic.

SnazzyEdit: My Acoustic is A Classical Guitar, I would buy A regular.
Quote by Kensai
Happy birthday

Quote by TSmitty6
is it me or does the black kids head look like a bong, and the girl behind him just took a hit and is zonked out?
Last edited by Autumnfallsbest at Jul 18, 2009,
Decide for yourself. Don't let other people make decisions for you. You'll probably regret it
Get an electric. Messing around with effects is fun.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
electric guitar.. you've already got an acoustic..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

electric, because bass is more or less a completely different instrument(In my opinion) and acoustic isn't as fun
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Peavey Ultra Plus (lights up)
as someone who plays all three, i can say that the electric is the most challenging, the acoustic is the most rewarding, and the bass is the most fun.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I say Bass.

My opinion WILL be ignored.

We do make a difference you know :[
Quote by God
I'm Omnipotent, which is to say that my dick eats both meat and plants

Ronnie and Steele, Rockstars today aint half as real.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio & Peter Steele
acoustic, so much more fun to play than an electric and yes I have both and both have their place, but if I could choose between having to only play one it would always be the acoustic.
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
Quote by JY-Rasputin
I say Bass.

My opinion WILL be ignored.

We do make a difference you know :[

bassists are f-in sick. i don't play bass but that's just because when i started to learn my dad's bass was broken, so he gave me his electric.
Quote by Le_Bunny
LE shoop? It must be rad. And yes, I see potential.

P.S. nobody google 'man train'.

I mean, I like all three, and Id BUY all three, but my music fits my mood. Sometimes I feel like playing bass. Sometimes I feel god and acousticy, and some times im angry and want to riff.
Quote by Kensai
Happy birthday

Quote by TSmitty6
is it me or does the black kids head look like a bong, and the girl behind him just took a hit and is zonked out?
Quote by JacobTheMe
Bass, there are way to many guitarists in the world.

THIS
there are never enough drummers or bassists around
Basscoustictar FTW!
My setup:

Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Epiphone Les Paul Negative
VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5
Stop capitalising the word a.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by LankeyDwarf
Basscoustictar FTW!

An acoustic bass? Yeah, they're cool.
You need to decide for yourself, my friend.

Really.

Seeing as you already play acoustic, going with the electric or bass will expand your skills.

If it was me, I'd go with the electric guitar.

Quote by FrenchyFungus
Stop capitalising the word a.

okAy
Quote by Kensai
Happy birthday

Quote by TSmitty6
Any more voters?
Quote by Kensai
Happy birthday

Quote by TSmitty6
Quote by jimmyled
If you came there (lol pun) looking for a Bass, get a Bass.

It's not that simple. Plus it was a value pack, which im less inclined to buy, but i only have about 300$ I want to save up for a nice ESP LTD, but i think too much time will go by between here and then.
Quote by Kensai
Happy birthday

Quote by TSmitty6
Quote by Autumnfallsbest
It's not that simple. Plus it was a value pack, which im less inclined to buy, but i only have about 300$ I want to save up for a nice ESP LTD, but i think too much time will go by between here and then.

if you already have a guitar, buy an entry level bass. 300 dollars is not enough to spend to get a really nice anything, and theres no reason to get a succession of crappy guitars.
Quote by Zugunruhe
if you already have a guitar, buy an entry level bass. 300 dollars is not enough to spend to get a really nice anything, and theres no reason to get a succession of crappy guitars.

Okay, so your saying just save up?
Quote by Kensai
Happy birthday

Quote by TSmitty6
Quote by Autumnfallsbest
Okay, so your saying just save up?

im saying that the first instrument you get does not have to be expensive. a cheap bass is fine to start out with.

but if you are looking to trade up and get a nicer guitar, you should save and get the most expensive ax you can afford.

so overall, i would say get a cheap bass and learn to play. its fun.