Hey everyone! I have been playing guitar for two months so far and I need a new guitar. I currently have a Fender Stratocaster and it isn't suited for the music I do. I play bands like Bullet for my valentine, avenged sevenfold, atreyu, three days grace, etc. Now I saw a few guitars that I like and I need some feedback on them, also if you can tell me your opinion on which guitar would be suited.

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-SCE-SYNYSTERSTD-LIST?SRC=D0407FG0HAMS0000&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=feed&

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Shedevil-?sku=512119&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=40211997

Budget is around $600
Last edited by A7X3DG at Jul 18, 2009,
You will get more answers in the Electric Guitar Forum. Just inform a moderator of your mistake and they will move the thread for you.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
You've been playing for two months and you play metal and expect to get a $600 guitar? Wow. You're either really rich or are just amazing at guitar... I couldn't play metal until 9 months to a year when I started.

OT: I've heard good things about the pickups in the Syn but that the trem was crap. The C-1 has active pickups and is a hardtail. Personally i would take the C-1 but that's just because I like the Strat shape and don't like trems.

EDIT: and IMO these aren't exactly beginner guitars
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Jul 18, 2009,
And also what Amp do you have? The amp is the key part in playing any type of genre. You could play metal on your Strat given you had a good amp and some OD/Distortion pedals
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
ummm bassicly ask yourself.. What do you need more. You play avenged sevenfold and atreyu which require a floyd rose.. But you also play bands like bullet for my valentine who play in a lower tuning such as drop c. which can require bigger gauge strings to keep the tension in which it would be better to get a fixed bridge. So really what i did before i bought a new guitar. is went through those points

-i listen to lots of bands that use floyd roses and play in drop D and standard and stuff. so i bought my new guitar with a floyd rose(schecter damien 6 FR)

-I also like to listen to lots of heavy stuff such as slipknot,amon amarth & type o negative which play in lower tuning such as drop A, Drop B & Drop C so i also have a washburn WI14(my first guitar) With 11 gauge strings(.52 top) so i can tune low.

-Also read up on floyd rose bridge system. Some people like them some don't. Some people have troubles other have never had a problem with it. I reccomend reading reviews about that exact model(synyster custom) and see how the floyd rose has worked out for people. It is also harder to tune. especially if you are constantly changing tunings...

Hopefully this might help you in your decision.. my opinion, Both are great guitar and i would love to be able to afford each one but sadly i can't. i think my next fixed bridge will be a shedevil though.. i like the looks of em

good luck
I have a Line 6 Spider III 15, a good beginner amp imo. And yes, I can play metal. Some songs I have down already are Bat Country by Avenged Sevenfold (still working on solo), Before I forget by Slipknot, and Its all over and Animal I have become by Three Days grace. May not be the hardest songs, but its still metal.

And as far as your concern about the price is. The reason why I am willing to spend that much money is because I just graduated and got a bunch of money and I thought that I should get a new guitar. But I am also considering buying a new amp with the money if it benefits me more.
Quote by A7X3DG
I have a Line 6 Spider III 15, a good beginner amp imo. And yes, I can play metal. Some songs I have down already are Bat Country by Avenged Sevenfold (still working on solo), Before I forget by Slipknot, and Its all over and Animal I have become by Three Days grace. May not be the hardest songs, but its still metal.

And as far as your concern about the price is. The reason why I am willing to spend that much money is because I just graduated and got a bunch of money and I thought that I should get a new guitar. But I am also considering buying a new amp with the money if it benefits me more.

Lolz

buy a new amp brah, get a USED Flextone and a Schecter Omen Extreme
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Well I actually don't think I need a new amp.. I have two or three other ones at home, but I'm away right now coming back tomorrow. Those amps I don't think are Line 6, have no clue tho.

EDIT: I have two amps at home, Vox Valvetronic, and Fender Blues Jr.... so unless the Vox is good I'll have to get a new amp since obviously the fender isn't suited for what I want
Listen to Alf... The man knows...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by JayT44
Listen to Alf... The man Kid knows...

the Valvetronix is alot better than your crummy spider and the Blues Jr is not really a "metal" amp.
feel free to add me
christ I'm stupid, don't know why I even asked about the synyster guitar, just realized its over my budget.
Cool, if my Valve is a good amp then I'll just keep it and get a new guitar. Btw, should have mentioned, I want a guitar that is easy to change tunings with.
Quote by A7X3DG
Cool, if my Valve is a good amp then I'll just keep it and get a new guitar. Btw, should have mentioned, I want a guitar that is easy to change tunings with.

then dont get one with a Floyd Rose.

get a USED RGA or a Schecter C-1 Blackjack (the one without a Floyd) or a C-1 Classic/Plus.
feel free to add me
Yea sorry, just found out moments ago what Floyd Rose is and that FR meant Floyd Rose... so looks like the two guitars I like I cannot get hehe
I'm thinking of getting the Omen Extreme 6, its a low cost guitar and seems to have great reviews. Anyone know if this guitar would be capable of going to weird tunings like Drop B, A, etc.? Again sorry if this is a stupid question, new to this stuff.
Quote by BobDetroit
Did you consider just putting an aggressive humbucker in your Strat?

New to guitar stuff, don't even want to attempt that. All I know is humbuckers are made to make you sound more metaly (if that's a word). In fact, can someone explain to me how big the difference is between humbucker and single pickup?
Quote by A7X3DG
In fact, can someone explain to me how big the difference is between humbucker and single pickup?

Like McNugget to Double Whopper.
YOU DONT NEED A NEW GUITAR IF YOU'VE BEEN PLAYING FOR 2 MONTHS!

caps were 100% necessary. What you need is a new amp.

EDIT:: btw, don't take this the wrong way, but chances are you play the songs really badly. Alot of kids tell me that they can play song and it sounds like they are playing a chainsaw. I'm sorry but the bat country solo after 2 months? not possible.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Last edited by SOADriff at Jul 18, 2009,
Quote by SOADriff
YOU DONT NEED A NEW GUITAR IF YOU'VE BEEN PLAYING FOR 2 MONTHS!

caps were 100% necessary. What you need is a new amp.

EDIT:: btw, don't take this the wrong way, but chances are you play the songs really badly. Alot of kids tell me that they can play song and it sounds like they are playing a chainsaw. I'm sorry but the bat country solo after 2 months? not possible.

+1

You'll just have to work at it a bit more. Or like has been stated, throw a humbucker in that bitch and call it a day. The Flextone Alf suggested would be great for your styles. And his edit is true too. I've seen people who thought they could play stuff then show people and everyone stares and goes "lolwut? WTF was that?"
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Man, as much as i'd love to see you go for a great guitar like those... Don't you want to give yourself some more time so you'll know you'll stick with the guitar and that your $600 investment will be worth it?...

If you have some sense go for the 006 (Assuming you want a Schecter like the 2 you posted). It's about half the price of the syn. It's still good. I wish i could have even started with even a Fender. My first guitar might as well have been made of tape, cardboard, and drywall... **** it probably could have sounded better that way.

I'd either keep what you have and settle in on the guitar scene... Or if you really must spend go for that 006.

Man, if you don't mind me asking, how can you afford a $600 guitar after you've been playing for 2 months.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
Stated it earlier, just graduated so I got a bunch of money from that.
Save up the money for something when you improve even more. It's too early to tell what's good to buy and what's not. I mean you didn't even know what a humbucker was.

I've played for 5 months now, and registered on the forums after playing for 3 months and started asking about expensive equipment just like you are. Just lurk around these forums for a few months and gather some knowledge about amps and guitars, before you make a decision.

I haven't upgraded my guitar or amp since I've started playing.

tl;dr- wait a while and educate yourself more about guitar gear, before spending the $600
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Alright thanks, nice to hear from someone who did the same thing as me.