Pinky19
UG Fanatic
2,109 IQ
So I went on craigslist today, and stumbled across the aforementioned amp for 125$ OBO. I know nothing about it, but I figure I could get it for about 100$. I cant quite find any videos of it, and he calls it "Peavey Stereo chorus 300 amp. Combo amp with 2 12" speakers. Dual channel EQ, reverb, stereo chorus." I couldn't find the 300 tag anywhere, but I have the 212 so I went with it. SO is this a good price/amp?

I like a variety, and am not in a band. Im really starting to like ska and RHCP type stuff.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Pinky19
UG Fanatic
2,109 IQ
Quote by nithin909
got any pics?

No, that I don't.

He also is selling "a small portable Crate amp for 25"

Nothing has pics but Im sure I could get them. I wonder what the crate is...

I've alredy read that review, and he says he likes metal. This isn't much of a metal amp so I can see why.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Last edited by Pinky19 at Jul 18, 2009,
Sguit
393 IQ
well, 100$ is barely enough to get an MG, and this is propably way better, so I say go try it, it might be a good deal, it most likely won't be an awesome amp, but I'd go try it before saying anything
TechnoLp
Six String Slinger
45 IQ
i have a peavey studio chorus thats 2x12. They are nice solid states that get a really pretty clean sound with the built in spring reverb and chorus. The dirty channel is cool its got a bright switch for leads and the eq is actually a Cut and boost eq. It sounds nice for rock but you need a distortion for t3h br00t@lz
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
larszman
Larry
10 IQ
I have a 1992 Peavey Stereo Chorus 212...I have played out professionally for more years than I will admit. I have had numerous amps but this is my favorite.. I have NEVER had a lick of trouble out of this....the three channels allow a variety of sounds from extrememly clean to extremely "Metal". I cannot speak for the newer versions of this amp, but the '92 was and still is my favorite amp....

Larry
Robbie Stewart
Robbie Stewart
11 IQ
I have the same amp with its own switch pedal with lead/ by- pass/ crunch/reverb / and chorus. and I agree it takes a lot of beating even with modern electronics available now or perhaps its me and I cant get used to them. These tranny amps seem to keep on going.