Hey, I was wondering if there's any sound difference to the Seagull S6 Entourage and the Seagull S6 Slim. Obviously both have slim necks but I was wondering what separates them and if it's worth it to spend the extra money to get the Seagull Slim over the Entourage brand
the s6 slim is semi gloss natural finish and some dark brown binding they don't seem to mention in the description and the entourage has their "rustic burst" finish and cream binding.
So is the difference purely cosmetic or do they have a different sound quality than the original S6?
Last edited by Fingolfin215 at Jul 19, 2009,
seagull describes the wood on both the same way. i suspect that the "barn door" look of the rustic burst makes people think the wood isn't as good.

btw, i prefer the sound of a guitar with a some gloss. it always sounds more focused to me. could be my imagination, but we did some blind tests and i called it almost every time.

entourage s6 specs from seagull
Top : Select Pressure Tested Solid Cedar
Back & Sides : Wild Cherry
Neck : Silver Leaf Maple with the Seagull Slim 1.72" nut width.
Fingerboard & Bridge : Rosewood
Tusq® nut and compensated saddle
Finish : Rustic Burst Custom Polished Finish

s6 slim specs from seagull
Top : Select Pressure Tested Solid Cedar
Back & Sides : Wild Cherry
Neck : Silver Leaf Maple with the Seagull Slim 1.72" nut width.
Fingerboard & Bridge : Rosewood
Tusq® nut and compensated saddle
Finish : Semi-Gloss Custom Polished Finish

reads pretty much the same... maybe when you play them both, you'll find you like one better than the other.

Quote by obeythepenguin
I believe it's purely cosmetic. A few other posters have said the S6 Original gets the nicer wood from their stocks, but I didn't hear a difference. That said, I could be wrong so don't quote me on this.