Poll: Which pickup should I buy?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which pickup should I buy?
Duncan Distorion
4 33%
JB Model
5 42%
Super Distortion
1 8%
Tone Zone
0 0%
Other
2 17%
Voters: 12.
aye i just purchased a second hand cheap copy of a rhoads flying V.
It really feels great, the neck and the body are really comfortable.
The only problem is that the pickups are just horrible. The sound is just crap, very muddy.
I want to change the bridge pickup. Im not sure which pickup to go for. I want a powerful sound with lots of sustain and mids but i want it to be cheap as i dont want to spend too much money on this guitar (its just my backup). I really like the tone Chris Holmes got from his Flying V and i also like the tone Randy Rhoads got from his flying V. I dont want exactly the same tone as Randy or Chris just a little similarity.
Ive got a few pickups in mind; Seymour Duncan - JB Model, Seymour Duncan- Duncan Distortion, DiMarzio - Tone Zone or DiMarzio - Super Distortion. If you know of any other pickup which would suit my need and which has a pretty cheap price please recommend. Thanks
Last edited by 2848_RAD at Jul 18, 2009,
The JB is a pretty versatile pickup, especially if you coil split it.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by walker-rose
The JB is a pretty versatile pickup, especially if you coil split it.

K
what about the prices, is the JB cheaper than the Duncan Distortion?
of those i'd go duncan distortion.. but really from what you described i'd recommend you a duncan custom.

EDIT
heres one for like 72$ thats kinda gonna be typical price range.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Seymour-Duncan-Duncan-Custom-Humbucker-Pickup-SH-5_W0QQitemZ110403402925QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item19b48e3cad&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|293%3A1|294%3A50
Last edited by POWERMETAL! at Jul 19, 2009,
Quote by POWERMETAL!
of those i'd go duncan distortion.. but really from what you described i'd recommend you a duncan custom.

EDIT
heres one for like 72$ thats kinda gonna be typical price range.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Seymour-Duncan-Duncan-Custom-Humbucker-Pickup-SH-5_W0QQitemZ110403402925QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item19b48e3cad&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|293%3A1|294%3A50

i live in Australia and the prices hear are very different like more than double the price.
I will consider the duncan custom but i really want a duncan distortion or JB model. i will see on availibity and prices in various stores for my final decision.