Hey EG. I haven't become a big fan of my LTD EC-500, so I'm looking to trade or sell it, and get something I'll like a little better.

This guitar will be used to mainly to play Thrash Metal( ), Progressive, Metalcore, Modern Rock and Classic Rock.

Now, I want to hear your guys suggestions.

I'm looking for a guitar with:
A Mahogany body
Dual Humbuckers (Preferably something good stock, but they can be changed later if I don't like them I suppose, but NO ACTIVES)
Strat-Shaped (Preferably)
Maple Neck and Fingerboard (Again, preferably, not a deal breaker I suppose)
No Locking Trem

So, my budget would be close to what the EC-500 was ($650) give or take some.

I've been looking at the Washburn X50 Pro but I need some more suggestions.

Let's hear what you guys can come up with!
Strats & Seagulls
Last edited by xxBR34KD0WN at Jul 18, 2009,
Schecter C-1 Plus, Classic, Elite, or Artist. Nearly perfect for what you described.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
Trash Metal

EDIT: Thanks for fixing.

I'd also suggest what the above poster suggested.
Last edited by KreatorRage at Jul 18, 2009,
Quote by leftyace
Schecter C-1 Plus, Classic, Elite, or Artist. Nearly perfect for what you described.

Yeah, I'll have to check out Schecters more. My buddy has one though and says the fat neck can get very uncomfortable...

Quote by KreatorRage

Wow haha I'd best fix that.
Strats & Seagulls
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
Yeah, I'll have to check out Schecters more. My buddy has one though and says the fat neck can get very uncomfortable...

Wow haha I'd best fix that.

I'm guessing your friend has a Hellraiser or something like that. My Classic has a neck that is very similar to my ESP. It's thicker than a Wizard-II but much thinner than a LP. Its one of the fastest painted necks that i've ever played as well. I'm not sure about the others I've listed but the Classic neck is thinner than your usual Schecter neck.

Quote by leftyace
I'm guessing your friend has a Hellraiser or something like that. My Classic has a neck that is very similar to my ESP. It's thicker than a Wizard-II but much thinner than a LP. Its one of the fastest painted necks that i've ever played as well. I'm not sure about the others I've listed but the Classic neck is thinner than your usual Schecter neck.

Hmm, I'll just have to try them out for myself then. Thanks for the info.
Strats & Seagulls
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Ltd H-401fm

I don't know if that's the best choice, considering I didn't really like the feel of my LTD EC-500...
Strats & Seagulls
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
I don't know if that's the best choice, considering I didn't really like the feel of my LTD EC-500...

what don't you like about it?
may i suggest a schecter blackjack atx c-1....it does not have the maple neck...it is full mahogany with ebony fingerboard....but if you look at the hardware....which im pretty sure the c-1 carries seymore duncan blackouts just like my atx c-7. The sound quality is excellent, the action is unbelievable and overall i never played something quite like it. I'd say at least give it a look...it is the most bang for the buck in the price range
Quote by kramer242
may i suggest a schecter blackjack atx c-1....it does not have the maple neck...it is full mahogany with ebony fingerboard....but if you look at the hardware....which im pretty sure the c-1 carries seymore duncan blackouts just like my atx c-7. The sound quality is excellent, the action is unbelievable and overall i never played something quite like it. I'd say at least give it a look...it is the most bang for the buck in the price range

He said no actives in full caps...

Warmoth

Mahogany Strat finished body (on sale) $239
Maple neck unfinished $157
Seymour Duncan Pups $130
Schaller tuners $59
Wilkinson trem bridge $100
--------------------------------------
Top quality custom guitar $685. Anyway you get the idea..