Hey guys. ive been thinking soon i want to get a new guitar. I am starting a band soon once i find members. so when i start this band we are going to be influenced by Reggae/ska like marley n sublime. are main influences will be from psychedellic rock like floyd (barrett&gilmour), zeppelin and from jam bands like phish and the grateful dead. i was wondering what kind of guitar with what pickups would be good for a genre of music like this.try to send links to the product. thnks guys. peace
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
fender strat or a tele would be good. Hell, my Ibanez is good and I play that stuff, Brad Nowell from Sublime used one.
Prs
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Id do a PRS...get a used one so that you can buy a better one...custom 24 is my personal choice
I'd reccomend you a Strat, brah.

Have you thought of getting some trippy sounding effects, for the whole psychedellic thing?
to faded grey: yea man ive been looking at pedals and **** like that. thnks for the reply bro

to azn_guitarist25: umm try around 500 maybe a lil more but i dont hvae a whole **** load of money man

Quote by Pac_man0123
If your budget is $500 I'd recommend a MIM strat. You can find them used in the realm of $250-350 if you're lucky.

ya i'll agree a MIM strat is the way to go.
ill check them out pac_man and azn thnks guys you helped me out alot

I'd recommend any kind of Fender, my friend plays a lot of Ska and uses a Jazzmaster, sounds beautiful.
Quote by ripdime04
i might get this one it sounds pretty nice tell me wht you guys think
heres my link
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier-by-Fender-Deluxe-Hot-Rails-Strat-Electric-Guitar-104604624-i1275949.gc

I don't know much about that specific model, but Squier does make some pretty good stuff for a good price. The 2-point trem has me both curious and skeptical of how good the bridge is. A good 2-point pivot trem will stay in tune better than your average 6-screw trem, but it may not be very high quality, meaning the knife edges (things it pivots with, the bushings are what it pivots on) wear down faster which means it loses stability.

Check out the Classic Vibe and Vintage Modified series if you're looking at squier. I've only heard good things about them.

things pac_man your helpin me out alot bro thnks alot man

Buy anything you like. No guitar sounds better for something than something else since it's all subjective. And since you're not going for a specific person's sound, you can really get creative. You're going to be doing the band thing so it's definitely not a bad idea to have your own sound. Just find whatever feels comfortable and that sounds good for what you play. If you're writing your own music, you need a guitar that suits that well, not one that suits everyone else. So get to the store and try everything you can get your hands on.