EDIT: problem solved

DO NOT use the battery that comes in the unit. it is a peice of !@#%.
Last edited by SpeedLives at Jul 18, 2009,
That's really odd. I was looking forward to buying on of those and this generates some serious hesitation.
This is sort of a dumb question but are you sure that's not just how your amp sounds with a noise gate?
What guitar / pickups / cables / amp are you using?
And have you tried using a 9V adapter?
i have my guitar that me and my friend built. i use the SD hotrails in the bridge position

i have good cables (monster ones for pedal chain, 30$ for 3 feet ;and 2 25 foot high quality planet waves ones for guitar/amp)

i have a brand new blackstar ht5 combo. which works perfectly.

i have an MXR 108 10 band eq but i took it out of the chain to test the decimator.

all of my other stuff works perfectly when im not using the decimator.

working on the sound clip. stupid 50kb size limit for zips
sound clip of the decimator on the clean channel. the decimator was in bypass. not that that changes what it does to the sound anyways.

i just want to know if this thing is really broken, or is it something else that im not aware of.
Attachments:
Audio.zip
please keep us (me) updated on this. i was planning on buying one when i get my new amp, and i also use hot rails.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
i haven't tried a 9v adapter cause i dont have one. i have a pedal power being shipped to me right now.
well considering that doesn't happen without your ISP in use, i'm assuming it's something to do with the battery. If not, i guess you just have to ship it back again.
yeah, i would try an adapter if you can get one, or a brand new battery, then if those dont work return it ASAP. you might try getting it from somewhere else though MF is supposed to be extremely good
i managed to find another 9v battery and thank god swapping the cheap one out with a decent one gets rid of the problem.

if youre planning on buying one i guess then just make sure you can get an adapter immediately or a steady supply of 9v's
Quote by SpeedLives
i managed to find another 9v battery and thank god swapping the cheap one out with a decent one gets rid of the problem.

if youre planning on buying one i guess then just make sure you can get an adapter immediately or a steady supply of 9v's

thanks for the info. what kind of batteries fixed it? i have a small stack of 9v duracells (although ill probably get a daisy chain eventually anyway, im just curious).
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC