So my band's bass player and singer are both stubborn dickheads. The singer feels like he can make important band decisions (i.e. purchase equipment, make statements on band website) with out consulting everyone else. The bass player thinks he is perfect and bitches out people not being committed enough (even though the other members go to school/work full time). Anyway, the two have been kind of going behind each others backs for a while, but it finally erupted over a gig, and for some reason both have taken it peronal, causing havoc.

I want to punch both of them in the faces, and have told them to get their heads out of their asses, but I need to sit them down and straighten this out. Both are excellent musicians, and good friends, but this band stuff gets them at each others throats. Any suggestions?
Get with the other band members and do an intervention kinda thing. Tell them both to stuff it or everyone else will leave, and if they don't, follow through.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
That was probably my ultimatum. I really don't want to go to that resort, because we have been rolling pretty good lately, but this could be a nice deathwish so I'm going to have to.
If it is good now, don't **** with it yet.

If it gets bad again, tell them they have egos and need to get over them for the good of the band.
Well it has gotten to almost a breaking point since yesterday, and we have a gig in less than a week, so i don't know how this is going to affect that
By rolling good I meant playing shows, studio work. Personally, there has been increasing animosity when it comes to band stuff. But I don't know of there is some kind of rivalry between them, or just that they have to have their way about ****.
The guys in Slipknot hate each other and look at them
Guitars:
Fame Forum 3
Aria STG-004
Ashton Acoustic

Amps:
Bugera V22
Drive CD-10

Effects:
Boss ME-50

Quote by Kanthras
2/10

No fire extinguisher reference, unoriginal, no Militia flamebait, disappointing.

Bugera Users Militia
Last.fm
Quote by hildesaw
By rolling good I meant playing shows, studio work. Personally, there has been increasing animosity when it comes to band stuff. But I don't know of there is some kind of rivalry between them, or just that they have to have their way about ****.

That's the main thing. Lots of little fights are usually connected to a larger overall problem. The problem has to be identified before it can be solved.

So what exactly is happening? Is the lead singer spending everyone else's money to purchase this equipment? Are the bassist's complaints founded or is he just angry about something else? How did it erupt over a gig? Going behind each other's backs? Are they going out or something? :P
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by hildesaw
bitches out people not being committed enough (even though the other members go to school/work full time)

Exactly.
They're not committed fully to the band, but instead more so for school/work.
I'm not saying what's right or wrong, but he's kind of right about them not being fully committed.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
Exactly.
I'm not saying what's right or wrong, but he's kind of right about them not being fully committed.

Sup sleaze, for commenting two minutes after you posted this I should get sigged.

And don't deal with bull**** drama. If they're not phoenominal players ditch them and move on ASAP.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
Exactly.

I don't think this is entirely fair - I'm not (at all) saying that you can't maintain a full committment to a band whilst working or studying (or both) full-time, but you just can't expect someone who does to have the same amount of free time to devote to the band as someone who doesn't.

I'd expect band members who did have large time committements to (for example) show up for rehearsals we'd arranged and be sufficiently practiced for them, but I wouldn't expect them to (for example) have had the same amount of free time to mess around on their instruments coming up with new material.

hildesaw didn't say anything about the other members not being fully committed, just that the singer uses the fact that they work/study full-time as a reason to question their committment.
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/
Last edited by Damascus at Jul 26, 2009,