My new strap sometimes pops out of my new shiny strat. I searched musicianfriend and there are lots of different kinds of strap locks. I've never bought any before. Are some recommended over others? Are they all just as good?
I like the dimarzio clip locks. everyone has their own preferences. just take a look at all of them and find which one fits you.

The clip locks can damage the guitar body if you aren't careful. The clip can bang against the body to damage it. Each one has it's own negatives and positives.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by yellowshirtguy
I like the dimarzio clip locks. everyone has their own preferences. just take a look at all of them and find which one fits you.

The clip locks can damage the guitar body if you aren't careful. The clip can bang against the body to damage it. Each one has it's own negatives and positives.

+3

i love cliplocks... just feels safer
Schallers are on all my guitars...well cept for the one with ducttape. But thats beside the point. I had some other ones on a guitar at one point, just seemed like a pain in the ass.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

i only use schaller strap locks but as a tip instead of using their strap pin screw use the one that came with your guitar. i found that the one included with the schaller always came undone on my guitars.
I know it might sound lame but I prefer my handmade strap locks than the ones you buy. Theyre really easy to make and dont cost that much all you need are 2 guitar picks some scissors and a screw driver if needed to unscrew your strap buttons. Nylon guitar picks work the best because they dont crack as easy as the plastic ones. What you do is take the scissors and put a hole in the middle of the pick big enough to put the screw from your strap buttons through then place your strap in line of the screws hole place the pick over it then screw the strap button back it, its worked on every guitar I've had and theyre so much cheaper
Music is my refuge.
I can crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.

i have the ernie balls and my guitar hasn't fell yet, but they do feel a little crappy
ill wait some time to see if they brake or anything and change to schaller
they are very good and they look unbreakable
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
I always just by the Dunlop strap locks. I put them on every guitar i get that i plan on keeping. I would much rather spend the 20 bucks than see one of my guitars go crashing to the floor.