Stupid question time - just moved my amp down to the basement so I could crank the volume up way higher so my wife doesn't hear it. Thing is where I live our house is always very dry but our basement is very humid. If I move my guitars to the basement will this do any damage over the long term?

A guy at the local guitar store told me it would?
it would. but only if u store them there i think. but who wants to drag an amp up and down stairs just to play for a bit?
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
Ya - so far I've been keeping my amp in the basement and storing my guitars upstairs. Not such a huge deal for me to carry the guitar to the basement to jam for an hour or two.
Would a dehumidifier do the trick? It works at my house but it's not too damp( either that or the dehumidifier is working really good).
humidity = death for high end guitars
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
Keep your guitars upstairs. Unless you want to destroy them! But you probably don't
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
if you put some of those dehumidifier packets in the case and keep your guitar in the case i think it would be fine.