Does anyone know which strings John uses on his Martin 0-15 acoustic? I know he uses daddarios on his electrics but I can't find anything about the strings on his acoustic.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Find strings that you like, who gives a fuk what john uses. If you really wanna know search the internet some more.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I think John gets custom strings from somewhere in L.A., rumor I heard from another one of the frusciante crazy fan club members.

EDIT: I didn't type in what he uses for his acoustic, by accident. I have no clue by but sound of it, but I'd bargain they are lighter, maybe an .11-.46 type thing. However the bright and tight sound might be from the body, and I'm completely wrong.
Last edited by manhangi at Jul 18, 2009,
Because I was curious. I don't even own an acoustic so don't jump to the conclusion that I want to put the same strings as John on an acoustic.

Thank you to the poster above me for not being a massive tool.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by funkbass369 at Jul 18, 2009,
I use Martin 13's on my Seagull S6 and can get very close to the Desecration Smile sound. However his sound on Shadows seems to be a bit different.
Quote by ameer
I use Martin 13's on my Seagull S6 and can get very close to the Desecration Smile sound. However his sound on Shadows seems to be a bit different.

I really like his tone on desecration smile. His acoustic tone on curtains is nice also. Thanks for the info.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by funkbass369
Because I was curious. I don't even own an acoustic so don't jump to the conclusion that I want to put the same strings as John on an acoustic.

Thank you to the poster above me for not being a massive tool.

lol i would not consider trying to be yourself and not copy what someone uses a tool.....
In the september 2006 issue (i believe, may have been July) of guitar player, it lists pretty much everything he uses, including his acoustic strings, and i cant remember what they are.
Quote by Mayonaise 812
lol i would not consider trying to be yourself and not copy what someone uses a tool.....

That isn't why I called him a tool. It was because I asked a question I was curious about and he automatically jumped to conclusions. Where in my original question did I say I wanted to know so I could use the same strings? He did not only jump to conclusions, he was rude about it, as was the poster under him.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by RHCPFitz
In the september 2006 issue (i believe, may have been July) of guitar player, it lists pretty much everything he uses, including his acoustic strings, and i cant remember what they are.

the only issue I found of him in 2006 was the November issue and it only listed his electric strings. Thanks though
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by funkbass369
That isn't why I called him a tool. It was because I asked a question I was curious about and he automatically jumped to conclusions. Where in my original question did I say I wanted to know so I could use the same strings? He did not only jump to conclusions, he was rude about it, as was the poster under him.

alright misunderstood man

btw Don't forget me is one hell of a song.
Quote by Forkman
John uses unicorn hair as his acoustic strings.

MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by Forkman
John uses unicorn hair as his acoustic strings.

Oh, I see!
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by funkbass369

Hmm, speaking of jumping to conclusions....where did I say you wanted to sound like john? I said find strings you like, and figure out what strings john uses yourself. We aren't freakin google, it isn't classified info.
^How is he gonna figure out by himself? By asking John?
Maybe he thought that someone here knew.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
And where would they find out? Like I said, we ain't google.
Quote by Hultan
^How is he gonna figure out by himself? By asking John?
Maybe he thought that someone here knew.

By clicking this.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Kevin Saale

Hmm, speaking of jumping to conclusions....where did I say you wanted to sound like john? I said find strings you like, and figure out what strings john uses yourself. We aren't freakin google, it isn't classified info.

you said find strings I like which implies that I wanted to know so I could use them or try them or whatever. It wasn't a matter of me finding strings I like or not. I know which strings I like. It was a question based on curiosity. Nothing else. And I searched on google and looked at a bunch of different sites. Nothing is said about his acoustic strings so don't give me the whole UG isn't google thing.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by funkbass369 at Jul 19, 2009,
Hey, you can read my post however you want. I gave you best advice you'll get.

If you don't wanna use the same strings what's the point in knowing? Basically what you're saying is this is spam?
Quote by funkbass369
you said find strings I like which implies that I wanted to know so I could use them or try them or whatever. It wasn't a matter of me finding strings I like or not. I know which strings I like. It was a question based on curiosity. Nothing else. And I searched on google and looked and a bunch of different sites. Nothing is said about his acoustic strings so don't give me the whole UG isn't google thing.

Well you wanted to know what strings Frusciante uses, which typically around here implies that you want to use them to be like him. And he's right, UG isn't Google, so don't give us the whole "don't give me the whole UG isn't google thing".
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Well you wanted to know what strings Frusciante uses, which typically around here implies that you want to use them to be like him. And he's right, UG isn't Google, so don't give us the whole "don't give me the whole UG isn't google thing".

I realize it isn't google. That's why I googled it before I asked this question. I didn't find anything so I came here. And no it isn't spam just because I don't want to use whatever strings he's using. I simply wanted to know so I asked. That's all it comes down to.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Fair enough. I'm pretty sure he uses acoustic strings, though he might use electric strings.
There's nothing wrong with asking... god forbid someone should come onto a guitar forum with a question about guitar strings.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
There's nothing wrong with asking... god forbid someone should come onto a guitar forum with a question about guitar strings.

exactly.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by mmolteratx
By clicking this.

As he said, he has already searched around the internet, but has only found info about his electric strings. If you're not here to help, why even bother? Stop acting like an asshole, dude.

Quote by slickerthnsleek

exactly.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by slickerthnsleek
god forbid someone should come onto a guitar forum with a question about guitar strings.

Actually, god has, like many other silly things, forbid asking about frooshes strings.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Actually, god has, like many other silly things, forbid asking about frooshes strings.

...I'm just gonna go ahead and ignore this.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah

Everyone should chill out. I hope that in the real world, you don't get as wound up over acoustic guitar strings.

It's funny how this thread second in the listing on Google for this topic - there really isn't that much info.

TS, my advice is to check the websites of string manufacturers and check (if they have one) their "artist" page. I know when I buy a packet of Ernie Ball strings, the back of it has a list of most of the big names using their strings on it so it may be a start.

Have a good day everyone.
Last edited by greggybhoy at Jul 19, 2009,