Page 1 of 5
I'm sitting here (well I was about 5 minutes ago) with my cousins watching Disney Channel (they are both girls). I had never watched the channel before, because I knew that it was just a load of shit, but today I decided to endure a little bit of it.

This is what I noticed:

The show I was watching about these kids in a hotel or something. The plot line was pretty much how these kids were trying to get time alone with their girlfriends and who they were dating etc. They also stated that they were 14. To be honest, I have nothing against dating at that age (I'm 15) but I found it disgusting that they were pretty much straight-up saying "The main population has a girl friend at 14 and wants to get time alone with her to do things." It is marketing that to, to my understanding, a HUGE audience of kids ages 9-14? (Just made that range up)

The other part of the plot was this rich chick who was completely stuck up and her friend just became rich. She was telling him the rules of being rich and one rule in particular that pissed me off was "Make fun of poorer people" I wanted to punch that bitch in the face.

In this economy, the last thing that we should be telling the younger population is "Poor people aren't as good as rich people" It is sickening.

I eventually left the room after about 20 minutes or so of the show. I couldn't take anymore of it.

tl;dr - Disney Channel is marketing bullshit to the general audience.

/rant

Anyone else have any opinions on the subject? I'm open to debate, I'm in that kind of mood.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
I think youre reading too much into it
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
The problem is 14 year olds are smart enough to know those shows are stupid, so its younger generations that we have to worry about.
My brother watches Jonas and Hannah Montana.
this is a gay foreshadowing.
I am Jesus...Lord of Chinese Food!
stfu. any idiot whos not blinded by punk rock angst can tell that theyre already saying that london (the rich girl) is a snobby brat. and as for the guys being 14, they have to pick ONE age. you cant be multiple ages you dumb ass.
tl;dr- i think youre an idiot.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
I agree. Not only is our youth being brainwashed by T.V. shows but also with music like the Jonas brothers and such.
I think that this appeals to the kids
tl;dr Disney wants $$$
I miss the olden days when Disney made racist movies instead on shows with zero values...
Its a tv show...
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
I fucking hate the disney channel.

Hate it. I want to kill those people.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by joshua122593
Why did you watch it in the first place?

I'm stuck here with them (my parents and their parents are out until later). We just finished watching a movie and they turned it on. Like I said, I had never seen the channel before and wanted to see how stupid it actually was.

I was amazed.
Quote by imdeth

Lighten up.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
stfu. any idiot whos not blinded by punk rock angst can tell that theyre already saying that london (the rich girl) is a snobby brat. and as for the guys being 14, they have to pick ONE age. you cant be multiple ages you dumb ass.
tl;dr- i think youre an idiot.

Damn Strato, I used to respect you, but tonight you are going crazy (not just in this thread). I don't care that they are 14, but it is just how they are portraying the average 14 year old to be on national TV.
Quote by imdeth

Extreme right-wing borderline fascists/republicans and their privatized army/mercenaries like Blackwater//Xe and many more will eventually be the death of this country or the whole world.
Quote by RG5EX1
I'm stuck here with them (my parents and their parents are out until later). We just finished watching a movie and they turned it on. Like I said, I had never seen the channel before and wanted to see how stupid it actually was.

I was amazed.

If you watched just that show you don't know the half of it. I'm 14 and i don't know any other 14 yr olds who get into those predicaments.
No TS is correct. Disney Channel's goal is to reflect what resonates with the preteen generation. Not only do they reflect it but they also condition kids into perceiving that to be the most normal accepted of behaviour.

Kids who are coming of age will definately see this and think it is right.

It is destroying the belief you should be yourself and you will be accepted for it.

It is not destroying the nation though. That's a bit far fetched of a statement.
Last edited by Z_cup_boy at Jul 18, 2009,
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Quote by RG5EX1
Damn Strato, I used to respect you, but tonight you are going crazy (not just in this thread). I don't care that they are 14, but it is just how they are portraying the average 14 year old to be on national TV.

I agree. And Hannah Montana is a total slut! Really.... Have you seen her outfits? Dayum! I also flicked through disney and wanted to see what was going on with that channel nowadays and there was some show where this one chick was going out with this dude and then this other bitch comes in and breaks em up for no reason, and then the other chick is pissed and they make it seem like your supposed to feel sorry for the bitch. I hate disney.

Say wut?
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Quote by The_Last_J
Extreme right-wing borderline fascists/republicans and their privatized army/mercenaries like Blackwater//Xe and many more will eventually be the death of this country or the whole world.

If they can pull it off in the next 15 years, yes.

If not, then the group of people that will be replacing them will be brain-washed by this shit.

On second thought, someone could easily rise to power and rule the country by taking advantage of those poor souls.
Quote by imdeth

Disney Channel is a brainwash machine that takes advantage of a helpless demographic. Ever wonder why there are no 3rd party commercials? Because the shows are commercials. They take the actors and use them to market their hugely successful record company.
Hanna Montana anyone?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Last edited by itchy guitar at Jul 19, 2009,
LOL you watched the Disney channel.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
I wish i didn;t know exactly what episode you were talking about, but i do.

and yeah, kids dont understand that its a piss take on snobby rich people.
That may seem like a problem now, but it really won't make a difference unless they are 18 and still carry that with them.
Eternity isn't long
If all you so is sleep
And forever is just a little while
If all you do is dream.

All Alone is All we Are
~

poor guy... his whole life work turned into a kiddy brainwashing tv station.
A penny for my thoughts?

A bargain I say!

I'll give you a dollar

Take them all away...
Quote by a_man800
If you watched just that show you don't know the half of it. I'm 14 and i don't know any other 14 yr olds who get into those predicaments.

Wait...what?
Quote by imdeth

Most idiot corporations do mindless brainwashing. Ehhh what are you going to do about it?
I say it's lack of poor family life. Honestly, where did most of us learn our values? From our gaurdians or TV? And even a lot of gaurdians teach their kids that money is the most important thing in the world. We also have magazines and shows and movies telling us what is beautiful which looks absolutely unattainable which leads to shallow people.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Quote by MattsRichardson
Its a tv show...

i agree i don't see why everyone is being so whiny, especially to go so far as using "killing the nation" just because a 14 year old is dating and there is just some girl who is snobby isn't going to completely brainwash everyone and "destroy our nation"
Quote by borntorock2112
~

poor guy... his whole life work turned into a kiddy brainwashing tv station.

He's probably rolling in his grave right now
*goes off on "when I was your age..." rant*
thank god my 10 year old cousin doesn't like hannah montana or any of that other bull****. and whatever she says, her little sister will follow .
i would never let my kids watch that ****.
Quote by crazy8rgood
You're 100% right.

But that isn't going to change anything.

Pretty much this.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by Z_cup_boy
No TS is correct. Disney Channel's goal is to reflect what resonates with the preteen generation. Not only do they reflect it but they also condition kids into perceiving that to be the most normal accepted of behaviour.

Kids who are coming of age will definately see this and think it is right.

It is destroying the belief you should be yourself and you will be accepted for it.

It is not destroying the nation though. That's a bit far fetched of a statement.

YES YES YES YES YESFREAKINGYES!!!

And yeah, I know its not killing the nation I was caught up in the moment, but honestly, it is pretty bad.
Quote by imdeth

Quote by a_man800
He's probably rolling in his grave right now

actually hes frozen cryogenic-ally so i doubt hes rolling.
Quote by itchy guitar
Disney Channel is a brainwash machine that takes advantage of a helpless demographic. Ever wonder why there are no 3rd party commercials? Because the shows are commercials. They take the actors and use them to market their hugely successful record company.

Never noticed that before... At work, the owners two young children are often there and they watch the Disney Channel all the time. Some of the stuff on that channel really honestly disgusts me. I remember when these channels actually had good programming on... now it's just a bunch of bull****.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Does anyone else just not get the concept of these crappy kid shitcoms I mean sitcoms? I don't see anything good about it at all..... What was wrong with some of the older shows.? I remember watching Recess. That was a cool show.
Quote by MedicreDemon
actually hes frozen cryogenic-ally so i doubt hes rolling.

I forgot about the "frozen crogenic-ally"
Page 1 of 5