I want to sell a Fender frontman ten watt amp, a Boss DS-1 pedal and a Line6 Pocket POD, all of the items are in great condition. How much should I ask for this stuff together? is $200 to high?

THIS IS NOT AN AD!
maybe $160-175 area, you could probably easily sell it for $200 though.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
just put it up on craigslist you're bound to find someone who will pay for it.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
I messed up on my first post The Pocket POD is the Pocket POD express (The one with no screen) Will that drop the price? Also Not offers so far.
Drat 'n Tarnation!

Thanks for the help anyways, I'll probably sell it because I can't stand the horrible sound coming out of the amp anymore and no amount of effects will help it.

Nice rig!
Quote by bagpipemetal
Drat 'n Tarnation!

Thanks for the help anyways, I'll probably sell it because I can't stand the horrible sound coming out of the amp anymore and no amount of effects will help it.

Nice rig!

No problem...

And you can always sell your stuff and buy a used vypyr

And thanks
Yeah I've been thinking of doing that But I put the stuff up again at $170 to see if theirs any offers and I guess 'll just keep lowering it in $10 increments until I get an offer. I've found that on Craigslist of you don't get an offer whithen three or four days than you won't get one at all.
Try selling things by themselves.. You are lowering your odds a bit. Say someone really wants the pod and the pedal but not the amp. They wont even contact you because they think you wont split things up.
i don't think 200 sounds too bad.
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Try selling things by themselves.. You are lowering your odds a bit. Say someone really wants the pod and the pedal but not the amp. They wont even contact you because they think you wont split things up.

That's a good point I should try that.
Quote by konfyouzd
i don't think 200 sounds too bad.

See these are the people you need to look for when selling...

New pricing on everything is $200 so thats quite a bit high for used gear.
You'll be lucky to get $100-$120. That's 50%-60% of new, which is $200. So yeah $200 is just stupid.
I got an offer from someone who owns a guitar store offering to trade for the stuff I need to call them and see if they'll trade a vypyr though so hopefully.
Quote by bagpipemetal
I got an offer from someone who owns a guitar store offering to trade for the stuff I need to call them and see if they'll trade a vypyr though so hopefully.

Sounds like a plan but beware... Shops will usually only give you 40-60% of what its actually worth. Example say the pod is selling on ebay for $60 they will usually only give you $30-$40 because they have to make money on the deal. And they will have to sell it at $60 so there not gonna give you $60.

But sometimes you get a good shop owner that will meet you in the middle. And though he might not give you what you wanted on your stuff he will cut done the price on the amp since theres probably hella mark up on it anyway.

Just know your stuff before you go in there..

The rule of thumb I always use is if im trading something in you better knock some cash off the product im buying.
Nothing, you should probably just give it all to me with the shipping at your expense
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Sounds like a plan but beware... Shops will usually only give you 40-60% of what its actually worth. Example say the pod is selling on ebay for $60 they will usually only give you $30-$40 because they have to make money on the deal. And they will have to sell it at $60 so there not gonna give you $60.

But sometimes you get a good shop owner that will meet you in the middle. And though he might not give you what you wanted on your stuff he will cut done the price on the amp since theres probably hella mark up on it anyway.

Just know your stuff before you go in there..

The rule of thumb I always use is if im trading something in you better knock some cash off the product im buying.

I talked to the shop ower on the phone, I told him what I had and that I'd like to trade the stuff for a Peavey Vypyr 30 he said he had a ton of amps and that he'd look through the mto see if he had the Vypyr but if not than he want s to buy them we didn't disscuss a price thpough since he's pretty sure that he has a Vypyr 30. So it sound s like he's willing to trade the Vypyr 30 for the stuff so that's good.
Quote by bagpipemetal
Yeah I've been thinking of doing that But I put the stuff up again at $170 to see if theirs any offers and I guess 'll just keep lowering it in $10 increments until I get an offer. I've found that on Craigslist of you don't get an offer whithen three or four days than you won't get one at all.

Not always true, but it is too some extent. I've had things on Craigslist for more than a month. Reposted every week and nothing. But after a while somebody always hits me up.

There are two types of Craigslisters:

Trolls like myself. We go through every listing. Or keep the page up on our internet browser so no listing passes... ever

and

Those that only look at the first page of items or search for a specific item.

Not saying spam it, but there is a chance that somebody may be looking for that exact item when you have it posted.

But it looks like you might make the trade for a vypyr30. Cool stuff man. Hope all goes well for you.
Quote by MetalHead916
Not always true, but it is too some extent.
Yep... In my estimation you have two kinds of people on CL. Those who are looking for stuff being given away (like me usually), and those who are looking for something in particular. Just because something doesn't sell, it doesn't mean you are priced too high. There just might not be anyone looking for what you have.

When I sell stuff I try to post it at a good price, listed as firm. I leave it there and if I get no responses I might try again in a couple weeks. I've been suprised and had people buy things that are weeks down the list with no prior responses. If you are in a hurry to sell then expect to take a huge hit in price.
Quote by MetalHead916
Not always true, but it is too some extent. I've had things on
Those that only look at the first page of items or search for a specific item.

Not saying spam it, but there is a chance that somebody may be looking for that exact item when you have it posted.

This. I had something like this happen to me today. It was actually an add on facebook. I was adding that I was selling my Cube for 200, I posted this twice as my status with only one guy saying he MIGHT buy it IF I still had it by school and IF he still had money. Too many maybe's for me, so I posted it again this morning and another friend just happened to be browsing his home page and offered me the 200 for it up front On one condition, I deliver it to his GF's house on her birthday. (Just gives me another month to make that $90 more bucks I still need for a B52!)

and congrats to TS, sounds like you got exactly what you wanted.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?