Hi, I think I might be able to get a cheap one of these. Even though it's more than I need, do you think it'd be worth getting so I wouldn't really have to upgrade for ages. If I can get it cheap enough.. A little about it:

"Valves are 12aX7's + EL84's. 2 channels switchable, 3 band EQ, Crunch also switchable, Filth also switchable and adjustable. The cabinet is rated 200 watt fitted with 4x12" Celestion speakers. The RRP for this rig would be about $1400"

Quoted from the seller, that's in AUS dollars to.

I play a bit of different things, but more importantly I want it to do hardcore, as in hardcore punk. Have heart, the carrier, life long tragedy, this is hell, the warriors, more than life, modern life is war sorta stuff. Oh and fugazi :P

Opinions?
I dont think any one other than australians know what brand ashton is.

I wouldnt, I dont know anyone who's ever played with an Ashton Amp. If you want a cheapass Tube, get a Bugera
Ashton is pretty crap TBH. Beginner stuff mostly.

Look into a Bugera or something in that price range, go used and you can find some nice Marshall tube combos on eBay for around that price.

If you don't need it for gigging or anything, a Blackstar HT5 or Orange Tiny Terror would be worth looking at too.
Ashton = No.
good to see a fellow punker in out presence, take a look at the Bugera, fantastic amps.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
On eBay there's frequently DSL and TSL combos going for *around* $1400, give or take a little depending on when you look.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Last edited by bucketmark at Jul 19, 2009,
^
Thanks, and the last one... not to sure about that either haha. Though the DSL marshalls seem horribly expensive for their size.. Is it really worth it? They wouldn't come close to pulling off even a small gig would they? Not that I'm gigging.
Quote by TimeIsTheEnemy
^
Thanks, and the last one... not to sure about that either haha. Though the DSL marshalls seem horribly expensive for their size.. Is it really worth it? They wouldn't come close to pulling off even a small gig would they? Not that I'm gigging.

it's worth it i reckon and yeah they'll do small gigs easily though any amp would do a gig if you just mic it up or DI it.
They're worth it dude, loud as hell
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Alright, I'll have to try one out sometime. And I'll keep saving. And they sound good? 'Cause I guess I'd just mic up when ever I needed to get the extra volume.
Are you kidding? 40W valve can get EXTREMELY loud. Volume won't be an issue unless you plan on playing massive shows with it.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
Are you kidding? 40W valve can get EXTREMELY loud. Volume won't be an issue unless you plan on playing massive shows with it.

Ah k, I've never played a tube amp so that's why I don't know that. The closest thing to 40w I've played is a 30w solid state and that didn't get overly loud. And from people saying it, I just know tubes sound louder than solid states but I don't really know how much louder. I'll hopefully be able to get one of those combos eventually.