So I was just thinking, what's probably better? And i'm sure other people have faced this conflict, and I want a little help, please.

Hellraiser Solo-6 specs:
* Construction: Set-Neck with Ultra Access
* Body: Mahogany (quilted maple top on black cherry model)
* Neck: 3-piece Mahogany
* Scale: 25.5"
* Fingerboard: Rosewood
* Frets: 24 extra-jumbo
* Inlays: Gothic Cross
* Binding: Abalone (black cherry and white model), Gray pearl (on black finish)
* Bridge Pickup: EMG Active 81TW Dual Mode Humbucker/Single-coil
* Neck Pickup: EMG 89 Active Humbucker/Single-coil Alnico
* Electronics: Vol (with coil tap)/Vol (with coil tap)/Tone/3-way switch
* Bridge: TonePros Tune-O-Matic with Thru-Body String Mounts
* Tuners: Schecter Locking
* Hardware: Black Chrome

ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000 specs:
* Genuine EMG 81/60 pickups (Seymour Duncan JB/59s on amber sunburst model)
* 24-3/4" set neck
* Mahogany neck and body
* Thin U neck contour
* Rosewood fretboard (ebony on vintage black)
* Abalone flags plus the model name at the 12th fret
* 42mm Earvana compensated nut
* 24 extra jumbo frets
* TonePros locking Tune-o-matic bridge
* Black hardware (gold on black and vintage black, chrome on amber sunburst)

Well basically, here's the similarities:
Frets
Body and set neck woods
Fingerboard
Abalone
Both are pretty much metal guitars
LP Body style (Hellraiser being slightly more swollen)

MAJOR differences:
Scale
Stringing style
Pickups (call me crazy)
PRICE. $880 (see-thru blue) vs. $750 (white)

Breakdown:
Solo-6 has coil tap, larger scale, essentially more sustain and cheaper price.
EC-1000 is more expensive, thinner neck, more color choices ... and not much else.

But for a $130 ($90 without fancy paint) price difference, it has to be more than just the paint.

Has anyone played either of these guitars?

By the way, I do play metal/rock/punk and whatever the hell I wanna play.
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Jul 19, 2009,
a whole lot of preference. at that point with two very similar guitars, its up to feel at such a point. well that and the coil taps on one model
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
well depends what kind of music you wanna play.. by the looks of these guitar's you are a classic rock/metal guitarist???

Well i would personally recommend the hellraiser solo-6. I guess it depends on the look to. They almost look the same but the esp looks more like a les paul if you like that look. The schecter almost looks like a les paul just it has more of a hump on top.

Both great guitar's though. i would go with the solo 6 because of the coil tap(my pref)

good luck choosing
How about putting a Jackson between those two as well? :P
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
Ken, no. no. stop talking. Haha.
I'll pass on the jackson cuz I saw these two first.

By the way, is there a huge difference between the 81/60 combo vs. the 81TW/89 combo besides 81/89 has coil tap?
have you played either? i'm sure you'll be able to make your decision when you've had a play with both.
I've heard both of them being played, but what the hell does that mean?
But I have yet to make it to Guitar Center and try them both out. I'm hoping to do it very soon....

I just hope GC has the guitars....
The ESP looks so innocent.
Then the EMG's kick in with balls-out distortion and melts everyone's face off.

The solo-6 looks so devlish and like it's gonna raise hell.
And that's exactly what's expected and does. Hmmm...

But I really don't understand how they both have 24 XJ frets but the ESP's scale is smaller...
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
The ESP looks so innocent.
Then the EMG's kick in with balls-out distortion and melts everyone's face off.

The solo-6 looks so devlish and like it's gonna raise hell.
And that's exactly what's expected and does. Hmmm...

But I really don't understand how they both have 24 XJ frets but the ESP's scale is smaller...

well yeah the distance between frets will be smaller but it's not impossible.
You need to play them both, it'll come to feel. Especially with the necks on them. But they're both pretty good guitars.
I'm only 14 with probably medium sized hands. I think the scale on the ESP would be fine for me until I'm like 20.

On my Dean, I only have trouble with the higher frets when I'm playing the B and E string together with this cool lead line I came up with, and those are jumbos.

I'm expecting the ESP to be slightly flatter than the neck on my Dean, since thats a C shaped and the ESP is a U shaped. As for the Solo-6, I'm expecting Asian Fat Strat neck...
I would go for the LTD EC-1000.

Actually, I probably would go for the EC-401 If you don't like the appearances of the EC-1000.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Go for the EC-1000 with Duncans. Beats the crap out of EMGs and you can install a coil-split on it easily (that is if the pickups are 4-conductor) if you really need it. Who wants a coil-split EMG anyways?
Gear
Warmoth Stratocaster
Jackson KE3
ESP LTD EC-256

Bogner Alchemist 2x12
Vox AD30VT

Gator GPT-PWR Pedalboard
MXR CAE MC-404 Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by steel337
Go for the EC-1000 with Duncans. Beats the crap out of EMGs and you can install a coil-split on it easily (that is if the pickups are 4-conductor) if you really need it. Who wants a coil-split EMG anyways?

This.
Unless you are only looking for teh Br00TalZ tone, then go ahead with the EMGs.
Versatility is more important IMO.
I don't have the best amp or intent of buying another amp. I really don't like the amber burst EC-1000. I'd much rather get the see-thru blue one.

As for the EC-401, I couldn't really find any major differences except for color choices.... hmm...

And I do play a lot of hard rock. I want a guitar that plays that, looks great and feels nice. Oh, and is equipped with 24 XJ frets.
Sorry for a double post, but...
Wouldn't the Hellraiser be just as versatile as the EC-1000?

Actives with coil tap, easier upper fret access...?

The coil tapped EMG's don't sound that bad. My friend has a Hellraiser C-1 and he's playing on a Roland Cube amp. I'm not sure what one, but I think it has an 8" speaker and the coil tap doesn't sound half bad. Sure, they aren't high quality single coils, but they'll beat the **** out of anything coming from a Squier.
Ok...a coil tapped EMG 81TW or 89 just takes it from the humbucker to an SA, which has great cleans and versatility. Just some food for thought
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
I own the EC1000 amber with duncans, its easily one of my favorite guitars now, its that good.

The shecters are awesome too, again, it all comes down to feel and preference. If you like thinner necks, get the ESP, very comfortable. Not that the shecter is way thicker, but just to let you know.

The neck on my Dean ml79 is like playing a baseball bat to my hands, and ive got gargantuan hands. Im selling the dean and buying more ESP or Jackson.
Dean necks have really slimmed down in 30 years. Lol.

My Dean neck is an oober thin C shaped neck, and I love the feel. Its perfect for my hands. It almost perfectly matches the curve between my index finger and thumb. Haha.
You're not gonna know which one you want until you get to play them both, side-by-side. You need to find out which of the two fit you. Personally, I prefer the full LP shape of the LTD, but I would ge the Schecter because of the price, coil-tap, and ultra-access neck joint. And I just like Schecters
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
I would go with the Schecter. I've played it like a week after it came out (dealer sure imports fast xP). I must say its a freakin metal machine from hell! Seriously heavy sounding and all. Only problem to me is that the neck seems a bit too thick to me. Since the neck is kinda thick playin lead was a little bit harder to play for me. It'll just take sometime to get used to. I'm considering it in my list of choices in my fixed bridge guitars (after I get my ESP Alexi). That time I must admit i wasn't that gd with lead but now I'll try it again later since I've improved xP
Both are nice guitars. At this point it really comes down to which one feels better in your hands.
Wow! Tough choice... I am getting an EC-1000 tonight. Looks a little more bad ass than the Schecter. I am a HUGE fan of both guitar brands tho... so it is a very tough decision that comes down to feel.
GEAR:
SCHECTER LOOMIS FR
LTD EC-1000
LTD DV-200