Hey.

So, I'm getting fed up with the tones of my current amp, and I'm more than ready for an upgrade. I have an outline of what I want in an amp, but I'm not exactly sure what to look at. Here are the things I am looking for:

-Versatility is number one. I will mostly be playing metal and classic rock, but I also want good cleaner tones as well. In a sitting I'll go from playing Megadeth, to The Beatles, to Lamb of God, to Jimi Hendrix, to Black Sabbath, etc. etc..

-The amp needs to be loud enough to handle playing with a drummer, but I don't want too much wattage. 99% of the time I will be playing at home where it usually needs to be very quiet.

I've heard good things about the Peavey Vypyr, but I'm willing to go to a much, much higher price. I want this amp to last me a long time. I'm looking for the best quality I can get for not a too ridiculous price ($800+).

Thank you very much in advance.
Me duele todo el cuerpo por los errores
Presionados por la lujuria
Nos mentimos tanto el uno al otro
Que en nada confiamos
If you can find one in your price range im going to going to say Traynor y50 blue. It gets some great cleans and the OD channel can get surprisingly up there.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Well the VC15 could be a good option, all tube and gets to megadeath territory with an OD. Might need a metal muff or something for LoG though.

You're not getting much clean headroom if you want to be loud with a drummer but with the master volume up nice and loud where you want it it hangs in there with even REALLY hard drummers.

Very classic sounding by itself, kind of voxy, and with an OD and EQ you can get a decently marshall sound out of it as well. I really like mine, hope that helps
Thanks alot guys. I'll be sure to check these out next time I make a trip to L&M.

Anyone else?
Me duele todo el cuerpo por los errores
Presionados por la lujuria
Nos mentimos tanto el uno al otro
Que en nada confiamos
Quote by Diamond Dave
Well the VC15 could be a good option, all tube and gets to megadeath territory with an OD. Might need a metal muff or something for LoG though.

You're not getting much clean headroom if you want to be loud with a drummer but with the master volume up nice and loud where you want it it hangs in there with even REALLY hard drummers.

Very classic sounding by itself, kind of voxy, and with an OD and EQ you can get a decently marshall sound out of it as well. I really like mine, hope that helps

Quote by LukeElliff
IF you want faster stumming then loosen your strings, that will force you into using more strength

Quote by pantallica95
i dont know about the polarity and ****, but my regular ones just wont go in the hole without a lot of force.
Quote by TubeAmp89
Randall RM 20, maybe? Get whatever modules you need...

Actually, wait for the new RM22 in the fall, which has two channels. A JTM and SL+ module should cover most of those territories with some knob tweaking. However, an RM50 would suit this guy better, as it's already available, can be heard over a drummer, and can be turned down to bedroom volumes if you know how to use the volume control.

Here's a list I complied of all the Randall MTS modules available.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20680464&postcount=182

Keep in mind: if you buy used, you can get the amp, a good cab, and a few modules for around that price. Or, just go for the combo and get three modules to go between. I'd personally recommend the SL+ and JTM for the majority of what you're doing, but a Super V or Top Boost set for a clean sound (use your volume knob if you must) would be great for the more Voxy tones you need. The other two modules should cover everything else, especially if you have a treble booster.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Jul 19, 2009,