So... I wanna do a Guitarfetish build here soon... partly to keep me occupied/for fun, partly to give me something to practice wiring and stuff on, and if it turns out nice, perhaps a guitar to take to the seedier gigs I'd rather not take my beloved Gibson to.

I searched, and I couldn't find a terribly definitive answer to my question: Are the GFS bodies, necks, and hardware total trash, or are they playable?
i heard that GFS pickups are nice, but everything else is pretty bad.

i don't have any firsthand experience with them however.
My Rig:
Gibson SG Classic (Heritage Cherry)
Crate V1512
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop JH-01 Jimi Hendrix Wah
Yeah, I'm aware of their reputation for pickups, but honestly, I've never heard anything about any of their other stuff.
ya i heard they wernt the greatist, shud work fine enough for giging tho
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Their hardware is fine.
I don't know about their necks and bodies though.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
as Far as GF quality is concerned they make very good Pickups and I would choose an Xavier guitar over SX or Douglas instruments and the DIY Kits aren't bad for what they are.
the Samba Kits from Grizzly.com are probably the best kits with the best grade lumber you can get online but you will pay the difference for the better wood quality.
Founding Member and President of UG Geezer Guild
Somebody did a GFS build here, and it turned out well. Good for money for the body and neck. Dunno about hardware, but it seems good. Like at least an upgrade for cheaper guitars like under $400.

And it's YEA OR NAY. Everyone gets this damn thing wrong. It's annoying. YEA is how you spell it. JC! lol edit it now!!!
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
no, on the internets "yea" is the shorterned "yeah"
so "yay", it is.
lawl.
his choice anywho :P
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Thanks for the replies, guys... I'm not looking to do anything fancy, just their Monaco Yellow telecaster body and one of their necks with a set of the Lil' Puncher XLs. If I order everything from them (excluding tuners, which I won't cheap out on), it comes out to somewhere around $220 for the whole thing.

And, haha, the old yay vs yea debate. Cut me some slack, it's 3AM and I'm experiencing what I refer to as "concert hangover"; the tiredness that comes the day after attending a kickass show.