hey guys i was just wondering if i could get some opinions on a few pickups i was considering to put in my dean
the dean is mahogany neck and body rosewood fret-board
i'm playing through a Marshall Jubilee
i play alot of different stuff but mostly heavy music lamb of god, machine head that kinda thing
im trying to get a tighter sound out of my guitar but i still want it to sound huge
at the moment my rig is probably a bit on the dark sounding side i wouldnt mind brightening it up a bit and i still would like a decent rock sound and be able to roll of the volume for some nice bluesy tones
the pickups ive been looking at are

X2N
ToneZone
D-Sonic
Crunch Lab
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

anyone?
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

If you're stuck on DiMarzio, then the X2N or the D-Sonic are your best bets.

What kind of budget do you have? You could get some good Rockmonkey (a user on this site, CordoroyEW winds them), Bareknuckles are also a good choice.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
more than the x2n, i think the D Activator X is a better bet. I used to use it, and it doesn't sound like an active much, but it is tighter than an X2N because it's designed to sound active. D sonic is also a good choice, but like I said, the D Activator X is my personal favorite from dimarzio for heavy ****.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
cool thanks
well i dont really have a buget id rather spend more now then spending less and buying another bridge pup down the track
I'm not really that set on dimarzios there just the only pickups ive reserched im happy to play which ever brand but it is hard to get a hold of some things down here in australia
is there a site for rockmonkey

cool cheers man

does anyone have any experience with the high output rockmonkeys the beefbucker? i think it is sounds good but it might be to much output for me