Page 1 of 5
I warn you, if you are a fundamentalist christian, or are in some way closed-minded about christianity or God, I recommend you don't read what I'm about to say, as you will be very offended.

I was having a discussion at work today with a friend of mine, who is one of those Christians who seems to not let his religion interfere with having fun and being open minded. The kind I can keep a civilized discussion with. During our conversation of religion, the subject of free will came up.

I asked him: "Why do you think most christians we know equate free will with the devil?"
He replied something to the extent of: "Because the devil tempted man to eat from the tree; God didn't want us to, but Satan did."

After this, I brought up the following point: How is it that a docile, closed-minded person who does what he is told without question can gain access to heaven, but the man who becomes proactive, seeks truth for himself, is doomed to eternal hell?

He was quiet for a moment. Then he, yes the Christian, said "What if God and Satan are actually reversed?"

Needless to say, we were pretty dumbfounded at the thought, and in Pit language; brix were shat.

What if God is the one who wanted man to eat the fruit, to take a step out from the blind obedience and find truth for himself? What if Satan is the one who actually created us, who wants us to remain ignorant?

What are your thoughts?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Jul 19, 2009,
HOLY ****.

O.o

Also.

My mind was blown by the parallel thread of a parallel thread already.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Funky stuff man.

On topic: Uhm... I don't know. I'll let you know when I find out.
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.
I actually like the sound of that (from someone who is so agnostic, I'm annoying)
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Woah.

Cool.
Quote by count schizo
I think we should take a second out to flame him anyways. I mean we're already here.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Only a misguided youth seeking something to take up the space below their post would sig me

^ Yep, that sounds about right.
Parents often shelter their children to protect them, while some parents allow their children to make mistakes but bail them out when they're in a bind. I see God like the parents who say "I already know what's good for you and will tell you, but it's your choice to touch your tongue to that frosty flag pole.
Wow you blowed my mind 2 times inless than 3 hours becuz my thread was parelled man
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Religion sucks......sorry but if i want to eat the goddamn apple from the motherfuckin tree i will do so
"you have a short attention span...

NO were not."-metalocalypse
Ever read the poem "Paradise Lost"?

You should. It sort of goes into this sort of a topic, if you are interested.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by SlinkyBlue
After this, I brought up the following point: How is it that a docile, closed-minded person who does what he is told without question can gain access to heaven, but the man who becomes proactive, seeks truth for himself, is doomed to eternal hell?

You seem to equate all Christians with an ignorant or sheep-like persona. Let me assure you, your assumptions are misplaced and perhaps it is the school of thought that followers of Christianity are so, that is the problem with this logic.

Also- seeking truth through the avenue of the bible is far from being ignorant, rather it is a quest. And within the context of modern life, it is proactive.
That's pretty heavy. In reality that actually does make sense also. That really is a good question... Maybe you should ask like a pastor or someone about it.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
there's no difference other than the name; they are just reversed...
and in any case....
ATHEISM FTW!
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
epic mind ****

....onlly one logical anwer tho--god and satan are actully the same person....well not person actually more of a half crab half seagull...
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Quote by Guitar_Kingdom
there's no difference other than the name; they are just reversed...
and in any case....
ATHEISM FTW!

ATHEIST UNITE!!
"you have a short attention span...

NO were not."-metalocalypse
The pit is awesome today I like this thread, it's food for thought that's for sure.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by Guitar_Kingdom
ATHEISM FTW!

Without God there could be no belief that he doesn't exist.

What say you now?

EDIT: Please do not take this statement as being serious. Jesus.
Last edited by madbasslover at Jul 19, 2009,
Quote by MustangMan311
That's an interesting concept that I'm sure someone, somewhere has discussed and come up with a really long name for.

you mean satanism?
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by madbasslover

What say you now?

I'll just say "takes one to know one" because thats exactly what you just said, in a more complicated fashion.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by madbasslover

What say you now?

that is all
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by madbasslover

What say you now?

So... Are you saying The One Eyed, One Horned, Flying Purple People Eater is out there?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by gilly_90

that is all

You took my statement seriously, so I don't even have to waste my breath insulting you.

That is all.

EDIT:
So... Are you saying The One Eyed, One Horned, Flying Purple People Eater is out there?

I don't believe in God.
Last edited by madbasslover at Jul 19, 2009,
So basically god is actually the devil and Satan is actually the good guy? If that is what you are saying than only the names are reversed. And if that is the case and god (or if by following the backwards logic Satan) exists, I'm sure he wouldn't mind if we got his name mixed up.

I really don't care though because I am an Atheist.
Because deep down, I know you want to:

My Youtube Channel

Constructive criticism is always welcomed.
Quote by madbasslover
Without The flying spaghetti monster there could be no belief that he doesn't exist.

What say you now?

fix'd.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
This was brought up somewhere around issue 50 of Spawn, by the way. It also made a point of saying that everything in the bible is a lie written by the Devil to keep us docile and easily influenced.

Just sayin'.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by madbasslover

What say you now?

STOP IT ALL OF YOU!!!

Before my head explodes!
Quote by Le_Bunny
You seem to equate all Christians with an ignorant or sheep-like persona. Let me assure you, your assumptions are misplaced and perhaps it is the school of thought that followers of Christianity are so, that is the problem with this logic.

Also- seeking truth through the avenue of the bible is far from being ignorant, rather it is a quest. And within the context of modern life, it is proactive.

Well pardon me for using a generalization in my post, but whether or not you are willing to accept it, there is always an ounce of truth to every stereotype.

I know several families of Christians who feel themselves superior to people who believe differently, but I also know many christians who are the opposite. However, they both feel that the other are "bad" christians.

I'm not saying that all christian's are sheep. I'm saying that they all (when I say all, I mean the vast majority, don't call me on the minority that no one ever sees) adhere to certain traits that every Christian abides to; or, they aren't Christians.

Said trait being that free will is the instrument of the devil.
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Jul 19, 2009,
I prefer getting my dick blown.
Damn I miss drugs. :
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Holy ****
Quote by abe123
thats one of the funniest posts ive seen in a while... to sig or not to sig

Quote by Kenny77
Awesome.

Quote by Kensai
Probably from india. Most bad things come from there.
i dont understand this at all. sounds to me like you kids dont know much about Christianity, even your Christian friend...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by joshua029
i dont understand this at all. sounds to me like you kids dont know much about Christianity, even your Christian friend...

I was a christian for 19 years, so if you'd care to extrapolate, o wise one...
-Jim Morrison
Page 1 of 5