Hello mighty folks with highly esteemed lore, it seems I have a query in search of venerable opinions. The right place? I hope so.

I haven't been one to avert my eyes from .jpg files of the Bugera 6262 head and the Randall RH50T head, and would sincerely appreciate some say in the matter.

The dilemma: The price difference is an expendable $10 (according to samash), and not a problem. However, the Bugera has 120 watts of tube power, while the Randall has 50 watts. I understand that the Randall has plenty of power to gig, but that mass more of headroom with the 6262 is tantalizing. As far as reliability goes, it appears as though with the RH50T I would enjoy more time playing without potential problems.

Having personally tried out the Randall in-store, I thought it was quite alright.
I haven't had the opporunity to test the Bugera, but sound clips and the general online audience say it's worthy to shadow the 6505+. Another thing, the Bugera is not readily available at my local music stores, but could be possibly be ordered in.

(I will purchasing a 2X12 cab and it doesn't affect this decision)

Thanks.
just those two? for $500 ish?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
i would personally go for the randall. The reliability issues with the bugera are kinda a scare. Both sound fine for the price, but if you try ebay or craigslist you can prob find "better" for the price like a 6505/5150 or even single rectos for that price
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
i would personally go for the randall. The reliability issues with the bugera are kinda a scare. Both sound fine for the price, but if you try ebay or craigslist you can prob find "better" for the price like a 6505/5150 or even single rectos for that price

I think even when I buy one of these amps, I'll still be pondering in my mind whether I should've purchased the other.

Yeah..I'm not doing craigslist/ebay. I'm buying new from the shop, so I can hear it myself.
If you find an amp off craigslist thats near you... Shouldn't you be able to test out the amp in person? Me thinks DUHHHHHHHHH!
Gear:

Carvin Cobalt-350
LTD Alexi-600
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Line 6 Spider III 15
Boss DD-20
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2
Boss FZ-5
Dunlop Slash Wah
Quote by m_Soares
If you find an amp off craigslist thats near you... Shouldn't you be able to test out the amp in person? Me thinks DUHHHHHHHHH!

That's irrelevant, I'm buying new.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
I think even when I buy one of these amps, I'll still be pondering in my mind whether I should've purchased the other.

Yeah..I'm not doing craigslist/ebay. I'm buying new from the shop, so I can hear it myself.

You can always find steals on there but its understandable wanting to buy something you hear and something that you know for certain doesnt have any flaws

IMO both are fine. The reason i prefer the randall is because 120 watt tube amps are loud beyond belief for bedroom and even band practice settings. even for gigs i barely have to turn mine up any. The extra head room is nice and all, but 50 watts still leaves alot for headroom, while still being effing loud.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Its completely relevant actually... Here is what you said, "so I can HEAR it myself." You just have a bug up your arse to buy something "new," which there is no problem with. Enjoy whatever you purchase...
Gear:

Carvin Cobalt-350
LTD Alexi-600
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Line 6 Spider III 15
Boss DD-20
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2
Boss FZ-5
Dunlop Slash Wah
Quote by mexican_shred
You can always find steals on there but its understandable wanting to buy something you hear and something that you know for certain doesnt have any flaws

IMO both are fine. The reason i prefer the randall is because 120 watt tube amps are loud beyond belief for bedroom and even band practice settings. even for gigs i barely have to turn mine up any. The extra head room is nice and all, but 50 watts still leaves alot for headroom, while still being effing loud.

Very good points, hopefully next paycheck I'll be able to buy it.

Quote by m_Soares
Its completely relevant actually... Here is what you said, "so I can HEAR it myself." You just have a bug up your arse to buy something "new," which there is no problem with. Enjoy whatever you purchase...

Thank you, I undoubtedly will.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
Hello mighty folks with highly esteemed lore, it seems I have a query in search of venerable opinions. The right place? I hope so.

I haven't been one to avert my eyes from .jpg files of the Bugera 6262 head and the Randall RH50T head, and would sincerely appreciate some say in the matter.

The dilemma: The price difference is an expendable $10 (according to samash), and not a problem. However, the Bugera has 120 watts of tube power, while the Randall has 50 watts. I understand that the Randall has plenty of power to gig, but that mass more of headroom with the 6262 is tantalizing. As far as reliability goes, it appears as though with the RH50T I would enjoy more time playing without potential problems.

Having personally tried out the Randall in-store, I thought it was quite alright.
I haven't had the opporunity to test the Bugera, but sound clips and the general online audience say it's worthy to shadow the 6505+. Another thing, the Bugera is not readily available at my local music stores, but could be possibly be ordered in.

(I will purchasing a 2X12 cab and it doesn't affect this decision)

Thanks.
Doubling the power doesn't double the volume. It takes 10 times the power to double the volume (10dB increase)

Going from 50w to 120w adds 4dB.
Definitely noticeable, but a long way from being "mass" headroom.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Doubling the power doesn't double the volume. It takes 10 times the power to double the volume (10dB increase)

Going from 50w to 120w adds 4dB.
Definitely noticeable, but a long way from being "mass" headroom.

Really, wow. That does seem pretty insignificant, and if I look at it that way, I'd take the Randall on sheer known reliability. Thanks for the info!