Hey Guys, I just stripped and sanded down my Yamaha Pacifica 112. I'm planning on modding it and I'm looking for input, suggestions cristicism and all that good stuff. So basically what I'm thinking of doing is putting in 2 mini humbuckers. I already have a sg special that has a lot of UMPH so I think the mini humbuckers will be kinda cool. I was looking at these: http://store.guitarfetish.com/mipafatalvma.html . They say they have a firebird sound which I think is really sweet. There are HH pickguards out there for Strats, do you think that they'd fit the Pacifica with minis? I like the feel of the neck on the guitar , but I was thinking if there was any way of getting an upside-down headstock like a typical firebird would be sweet; maybe a left hand pacifica neck? As far as anything else goes I am pretty open, I think a new bridge would be a priority. Btw I like to play alot of Foo Fighters/ RATM/ Nirvana stuff. Thanks,
Nick
Oh, and any ideas for paintjobs too? I was thinkin I'd try it myself if nothing too complex comes to mind, I have a friend who paints guitars/ cars so anything is possible! I've actually never seen him paint... could be an experience.. anyways thanks.
what kind of paint job are you thinking? myself, I'd go for some kind of stain and then just do a finish on top. If your friend is doing it, maybe a chameleon spray or a starburst paint job would look nice.
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Ahahaha TS just got gobsmacked.
Well played Wicked Rose
I'd be interested to see what happens with this. I've just taken mine apart ready for sanding so I'm looking for inspiration.

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350M
Ibanez JS100
Fender Strat

Amp:
Fender Blues Jr
Fender Champion 600
Washburn Southside

Effects:
POD HD300
Marshall Guv'Nor
Big Muff
Digitech Bad Monkey
Behringer PH9
Cry Baby Wah
Quote by Wicked Rose
what kind of paint job are you thinking? myself, I'd go for some kind of stain and then just do a finish on top. If your friend is doing it, maybe a chameleon spray or a starburst paint job would look nice.

Do you have any idea how expensive Chameleon Paint is?

$16 an oz, yes per ounce! Mixed.

Or about £10 an ounce over here in the UK.

A 2oz jar of dry powder, to mix into your clear etc, is $280.

Not cheap stuff. Cool as hell though.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Jul 19, 2009,
Quote by Skeet UK

So we'd be better buying an epi camelon LP?

I tried that guitar is awsome

ontopic, I think you could try an Evh paintjob, or a bullseye off-center painjob, looks great.

a new neck i think would be a little over expensive.
Haha yea true about the expensive-ness. Unless someone wants to trade necks! ..anyone.. but yea I like the EVH idea I just got my google on and checked them out, preee sweet lookin. My biggest issue right now I think is the pick guard for mini humbuckers. Any ideas anyone?
Quote by haksjdfla
Haha yea true about the expensive-ness. Unless someone wants to trade necks! ..anyone.. but yea I like the EVH idea I just got my google on and checked them out, preee sweet lookin. My biggest issue right now I think is the pick guard for mini humbuckers. Any ideas anyone?

You could make the pickguard yourself, although it requires skill.

There are some webpages that sell pickguard blanks, which you can cut with a jewlers saw, and then make the mini humbuckers wholes.
okay cool, sounds like alot of work.. haha, thanks for the idea though. Would a normal humbucker pickguard be too big?
Quote by Skeet UK

haha, yeah, was pretty sure that was about the price. I'd still con my friend into doing it if possible.
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Ahahaha TS just got gobsmacked.
Well played Wicked Rose
white with a blood splater...
or white, tyen paint your hand red, and place it on there, that would be kickass.

or hey, why dont you do a tom morrelo replica? like the "soul power" or "arm the armless" that would be cool, i dont think to many have done that before.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
my buddy has an un-assembled arm the homeless guitar sitting in his closet waiting to be put together. That'll be an incredibly gnarly guitar. The pickups are white and if I get white pickup rings to fill the space in the normal HH pickguard. I'm likin the plain look with maybe a stripe then something (blood splatter, hand print etc.) THat'd be awesome,.