Okay so the bass player for my band is borrowing a Fender P-Bass from one of our friends who got it and a 60-watt fender rumble amp from someone he worked for for about 300 dollars i think. He never learned how to play it and our bass player is thinking of buying it off him. This thing seems like it was barely ever played, it has all the tags and stuff still in the case. We'll probly get it off him for somewhere in the $200-400 range but i wanna know what its really worth.

Alright the headstock says made in mexico, so is it anything like the mexican standard strat? The booklet inside the case has 1998 for the date the warranty ends, so maybe its a 1997? I dont know so if anyone knows how to find the date on the guitar tell me. The serial number is MZ3 048120.

Heres the unnessisarily large pics

It's exactly like the MIM strats and teles. That is a solid bass that will last you as many years as you want it to. I'd say it's worth about $300-$350 for the bass with the case, idk about the amp. Your bassist should totally buy it.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I ran the serial and got:

Your guitar was made at the
Ensenada Plant (Fender), Mexico
in the Year(s): 2003 - 2004
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Not saying this is the definitive value, but Bluebook lumps all Standard Precision Basses made in Mexico under one pricing based on condition, year of manufacture makes no difference.

In "Excellent" condition (95%) it is worth $400 US according to the book.
£200ish. £250 with the case.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by gilly_90
I ran the serial and got:

So Fender gave him a warranty that ended 5-6 years before the bass was made?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Well i checked the booklet again and i think it said it was a 1 year warranty so it should be a 1997, but that is kinda weird that if you ran the serial number it comes out as 03-04. Maybe the book is from a different guitar?
Quote by biga29

So Fender gave him a warranty that ended 5-6 years before the bass was made?

hey, don't shoot the messenger
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by Sid McCall
It's exactly like the MIM strats and teles. That is a solid bass that will last you as many years as you want it to. I'd say it's worth about $300-$350 for the bass with the case, idk about the amp. Your bassist should totally buy it.

this is an accurate "street value" price. $300-$350
your mom.

id say if its used and has dings on it, sell it as a roadworn bass from fender.
for like 1600 bucks.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by Dawnwalker
your mom.

for like 1600 bucks.

haha
Quote by Dawnwalker
your mom.

for like 1600 bucks.

and if it doesn't, make some.

$200-400 isn't bad. Actually if you can get it for $200 thats pretty good. And yes, Mexi Ps or like Mexi Strats, so don't expect top of the line quality, but it won't suck either. What's he currently using?
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
get it then
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"