Poll: Choose!
Poll Options
View poll results: Choose!
B-52 AT-112
6 67%
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
3 33%
Voters: 9.
B-52 AT-112 or Peavey Vypyr Tube 60? What is the difference, as I see that the B-52 is generally preferred over the Peavey? My guess is that the AT-112 is all-tube, while the Vypyr has that "transtube preamp" circuit, but I wanna hear the opinion of all the wise people here .

I personally prefer the AT-112, flaws and all, and I'm looking forward to purchasing one next month. It'll have to be online 'cause I have a discount coupon for musiciansfriend, but I guess I can take advantage of the 45-day guarantee.
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
There kinda 2 different amps, one's a modeling hybrid amp, and the other a full tube amp? I don't see what your getting at. The B-52 is pretty versatile, and what are the flaws with them?
Quote by Ghold125
There kinda 2 different amps, one's a modeling hybrid amp, and the other a full tube amp? I don't see what your getting at. The B-52 is pretty versatile, and what are the flaws with them?

Reliability issues, my bad.

After lurking for a while, I've seen that "Amp suggestion threads" either suggest the AT-112 or the Vypyr, so just wanted to know. In musiciansfriend, both are under "tube combo", but that's obviously wrong, apparently .
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by Lekz
Reliability issues, my bad.

After lurking for a while, I've seen that "Amp suggestion threads" either suggest the AT-112 or the Vypyr, so just wanted to know. In musiciansfriend, both are under "tube combo", but that's obviously wrong, apparently .

the reliability issues where more when they first came out. But since then b-52 has done a good job of fixing that.

I prefer the b-52 having tried it and thinking it was a good deal for the money.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
B-52 fixed there reliability, and I doubt many people would buy used since there only like $360 for a new one.
The Vypyr is a FULL tube amp, One 12AX7 and two 6L6GC tubes.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by mexican_shred
the reliability issues where more when they first came out. But since then b-52 has done a good job of fixing that.

I prefer the b-52 having tried it and thinking it was a good deal for the money.

Quote by Ghold125
B-52 fixed there reliability, and I doubt many people would buy used since there only like $360 for a new one.

This past week I've seen two owners love it and then have the amp fail, although they were pretty simple issues I'm sure I'll be able to fix (which is why I am going for the AT-112).
Quote by bucketmark

Yea, I guess so.. sounds like the "transtube circuit" works along with the single preamp tube, from reading the manual.
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by bucketmark

WRONG. The 12AX7 is in the power section, the preamp is entirely digital.

I prefer the B-52 personally since I the vypyr didn't sound very good to me and wasn't very easy to operate IMO. The B-52 don't sound bad at all and for the price is a pretty nice freakin amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not