I want to get a Schecter C-1 Plus but I'm not quite sure. I want to play hardcore, metalcore, that kind sort of chug-chug sweep-ing stuff. Is it good? Should I get it?
... Uh try before you buy? And not to offend you or anything but I'm judging by your post and your join date that you're a beginner guitarist? If that's the case, I think the Schecter may be a little "much" for you. For a beginner, you should invest in a 300-400 dollar guitar.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
In short, yeah go ahead, they are really good for their price.
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
Quote by larrytheguitar
... Uh try before you buy? And not to offend you or anything but I'm judging by your post and your join date that you're a beginner guitarist? If that's the case, I think the Schecter may be a little "much" for you. For a beginner, you should invest in a 300-400 dollar guitar.

If he's got the cash there's no reason not to get a netter model. It's save money in the long run a way.
Inhuman evil take down!
Why not get a Schecter which has EMG's or Blackouts instead ? They will do better for Metal.eg. Hellraiser or Blackjack ATX. I'm not sure but i think the C-1 Plus is more for Hard Rock or something.
Quote by Aditya_ram
Why not get a Schecter which has EMG's or Blackouts instead ? They will do better for Metal.eg. Hellraiser or Blackjack ATX. I'm not sure but i think the C-1 Plus is more for Hard Rock or something.

This.

Also Both the hellraiser and Blackjack ATX are AMAZING IMO.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I'd say get a Hellraiser because it has the EMG 81TW and the 89 which can be coil-tapped. I think that's a useful feature especially for clean tones.
The Coil Tap on the Hellraiser still doesn't make it sound much different. The cleans are still very weak compared to the Blackjack ATX and distortion on the Hellraiser sounds Tinny and Harsh compared to the warmer, more full-sounding ATX
Yeah, dont get a schecter with Duncans in it for metal. Go with a Hellraiser.
Quote by minchew
Yeah, dont get a schecter with Duncans in it for metal. Go with a Hellraiser.

why??
The duncans are OK for metal ya know.

and im not an Active fan so yea
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
why??
The duncans are OK for metal ya know.

and im not an Active fan so yea

'Cos everyone knows that EMG and Blackouts are made for metal even though you play through some ****ty 15w starter amp and that if you had any passive pickups you would suck even though you play through a 5150.
How about...

You try them out at a store and see if you like it?!

Anyways, Schecter C1 Hellraiser and ATX series are PURE metal chug chug so you can't lose if you get one of them. Unless you don't like the neck profile.
Im not saying the Duncans cant do metal, Im just saying that you would probably get a better tone from the EMGs or the Blackouts. Nothing against the Duncans.
Quote by minchew
Im not saying the Duncans cant do metal, Im just saying that you would probably get a better tone from the EMGs or the Blackouts. Nothing against the Duncans.

Did you know that Duncan makes the Blackouts? It feels good to learn something everyday, doesn't it?
HELLRAISER FTW
Quote by AmericanParadox
cuztomizing guitars = best thing in the world. Better than sex.

GB&C RULES

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Boss Ds-1
Digitech RP55
Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon
Ibanez Fz7 Fuzz
Marshall MG10CD 40W
Modded POS Strat
Im planning on getting the Blackjack ATX, Blackouts are great for metal, and they have better cleans than EMGs imo
Quote by lextexrex
Did you know that Duncan makes the Blackouts? It feels good to learn something everyday, doesn't it?

Hahahahaha pwned! or something along the lines of that.
HELLRAISER!
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.