I'm looking for a new guitar, in the region of £200-£300, thats suitable for Alex Turner style playing ie. indie rock strumming + leads. Seems like i'd want a single coil guitar for the stuff I like but already have a cheap strat copy and dont want the sme again and didn't particularly like the sound of the tele. Are there any other singlecoil alternatives to the basic strat and tele styles, even if it is only marginally different? Infleuences are Kings Of Leon, Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian etc.
Last edited by Stugg334 at Jul 19, 2009,
Quote by Plowback
Thought about a semi-acoustic guitar already?
If you want to play Britpop/rock things like Arctic Monkeys, this might be a good alternative.

Yeah thought about them, would an epiphone dot or Tanglewood TSB59 be too mellow without a quality valve amp or would they be okay for abit of open chord bashing around?
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Trouble with P90s is the only cheapish guitar that i can find with them is Gibson Melody Maker and i havent heard much good stuff about them, plus you rarely get them for under £300.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by Stugg334
Trouble with P90s is the only cheapish guitar that i can find with them is Gibson Melody Maker and i havent heard much good stuff about them, plus you rarely get them for under £300.

Xavier from guitarfetish.com have some thinline tele style guitars with P90 pickups
Quote by Pac_man0123
Xavier from guitarfetish.com have some thinline tele style guitars with P90 pickups

Damm those guitars are cheap, the 335 style ones look amazing value.
Quote by slash11896

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
A Fender Jaguar maybe?

E: If there's one in your price range that is... I didn't read that part ^^'
My Gear:
Gibson SG Classic
Les Paul knockoff >.>
Vox VT30 with footswitch
EHX Big Muff w/ Tone Wicker
Last edited by Randio at Jul 19, 2009,
PRS are too much
Quote by slash11896

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
bu that hodson thing looks good, i added to favourites, thanks
Quote by slash11896

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
/\
all those fenders are too expensive

but the squiers a good idea, what does that sound like compared to a strat?
Quote by slash11896

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
I've heard it's somewhere between a good Squier Strat and a CIJ Mustang. The neck is the same as a Jagmaster, but with a maple fretboard (so it feels like a Strat). It's a chimey, bright guitar but with less twang then a Tele.

I think a lot of the Americans think you have $600USD to spend in the US, so they're recommending stuff way over budget.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Jul 19, 2009,