I woke up to troubling news. I went into the living room hearing my mom crying hysterically...my pet dog (named Nelly) had just died.

She had been coughing intensely, so while I was asleep my mom took her to a vet (one that is open in the day AND the night) to have the doctors look at her. My mom was was talking to Nelly in the waiting room, as she seemed like she was out if it. All of a sudden she just closed her eyes. My mom, with my dog still in her arms, screamed for help. The doctors took her quickly into the back. She didn't make it.

In her arms, at peace by the comfort of my mother's embrace, she died.

The doctors later told us she could have died one or two ways: A, she had a cancerous buildup appear in her lung(s), or B, she had a fluid buildup in her lung(s). However, the doctors also told us upon examining her that it would not have mattered if they had seen her earlier...she would have died eventually anyway.

I haven't cried yet...but I'm currently depressed and missing her. This little ball of fur and skin was the closest thing I had to a sister

tl;dr, my dog died despite efforts for doctors to heal her.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Last edited by Thebiz at Jul 19, 2009,
Nelly nooooooooooooo!!!

Condolences.

Pics?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
feel for ya bro
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
that sucks...
i no how it feels quite litteraly cause i had a dog named nelly who died was it a black lab?
"you have a short attention span...

NO were not."-metalocalypse
-hug- I know the feeling...
Gear:

Epiphone 1966 Ltd. SG
Epiphone SG G-400 (RIP)
Yamaha C310P
Kustom Quad DFX100
Roland Microcube (... I use it as an ipod speaker now XD)
Boss Ns-2 Noise suppressor
Boss Md-2 Mega distortion
Boss Dn-2 Dyna Drive
Vox V847 Wah
Quote by dethbymetal15
that sucks...
i no how it feels quite litteraly cause i had a dog named nelly who died was it a black lab?

Nein...it was a black and white spotted chihuahua...

I don't have any pics of her I can find. Most of them belong to my mom. She lived a good life though, she was 10 years old, so I guess it was time...still kinda shocked though the WAY she died, not as much that she died.

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX

Thats awful man
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
That's horrible... but she went in relative peace, and likely feeling safe and comforted by your mother. It's probably good that you didn't witness it.

How about you make this a memorial thread instead of detailing her loss? What was she like?
Quote by Thebiz
In my arms, at peace by the comfort of my mother's embrace, she died.
Losing a pet is tough, but at least you were able to be with her when she died.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Le_Bunny
That's horrible... but she went in relative peace, and likely feeling safe and comforted by your mother. It's probably good that you didn't witness it.

How about you make this a memorial thread instead of detailing her loss? What was she like?

She was a very protective dog...sometimes annoyingly protective. She would bark for hours at times if people were in my house that she didn't like. But she would warm up to our best friends and family eventually.

She also had odd tastes in food as well...her favorite was Starbucks frappucinos (idk if I spelled that right). It was actually funny watching her try to get the last of it out of the bottom of the cup. She would actually try to crawl inside the cup and sometimes pick it up with her mouth and shake it out.

Anytime she wanted something, she would always do that little "doggie-sneeze" thing that some dogs do to get attention. She'd even growl or make weird griping noises for attention...if you've ever seen Kung Pow: Enter the Fist sometimes she'd do a dog version of Betty's "meeeeehhhhh" noise.

All in all, I'm glad I didn't witness her death...if my mom was hysterical, I would've been in peaces.

EDIT:

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Losing a pet is tough, but at least you were able to be with her when she died.

Sorry, that was a mistype...I was asleep. She died in my MOTHER's arms, sorry for the confusion

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Last edited by Thebiz at Jul 19, 2009,
bl......bl

CUE CELINE DION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every night in my dreams
I see you. I feel you.
That is how I know you go on.

Far across the distance