I read that Chris Broderick uses a Graphite nut instead of a Standard Locking nut on his 7 string RG....wt the hell does that mean ?
[IMG]http://www.sickonthebus.com/images/hell_skull_index.jpg[/IMG]
it means that he uses telekinesis to hold his guitar in tune with his mind, instead of with a locking nut, while simultaneously perfectly nailing 5 octave 8 finger tapped arpeggios at 280 beats per minute... in 69/42 time signature.

Actually, I think it means exactly what Pac_man said.

Edit: Did anyone catch the JP Psycho Exercises reference?
Last edited by metallifan3091 at Jul 19, 2009,
broderick used locking tuners as opposed to a locking nut, so he has replaced it with a graphite nut
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
^^Yeah, and it saves a lot of trouble if you ask me.
Gear
Warmoth Stratocaster
Jackson KE3
ESP LTD EC-256

Bogner Alchemist 2x12
Vox AD30VT

Gator GPT-PWR Pedalboard
MXR CAE MC-404 Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by burnboy85
How do you go about tuning a guitar with locking tuners?

like normal. it just locks the strings and then you tune by turning that peg around.
Quote by metallifan3091
it means that he uses telekinesis to hold his guitar in tune with his mind, instead of with a locking nut, while simultaneously perfectly nailing 5 octave 8 finger tapped arpeggios at 280 beats per minute... in 69/42 time signature.

Edit: Did anyone catch the JP Psycho Exercises reference?

Yes...you speak blashphemy...only petrucci can play that fast, because he can time travel.

And having a graphite nut is stupid if her has a floyd brigde IMO
i don't know man, Broderick is pretty goddamn fast. Maybe not Petrucci fast, but, holy flaming balls, that Broderick can tear the Shit out of a fretboard. I think it'd be a close race, really.