Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
You should get a award for dumbest question asked.. then again there may be more, and i may be in that category, but yes it will work, there just like regular guitar pots. May i say EMgs are super easy to put in, just installed a set last night for a budy of mine.
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gretsch Electromatic 5120
Amp
Crate V33H head w/ Berhinger B412S
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is my pet bunny. Will you play with my bunny?
(")_(")
^stop calling people stupid for no reason. he asked a question, and was right in doing so. some knobs won't attach properly due to the fact that they require a flat-sided shaft for the securing screw to anchor itself on, and not the standard 'grooved' pot shaft.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by LesPaulCowboy
You should get a award for dumbest question asked.. then again there may be more, and i may be in that category, but yes it will work, there just like regular guitar pots. May i say EMgs are super easy to put in, just installed a set last night for a budy of mine.
It's a valid question. Some companies make pots that have different shaft diameters, and none of those ads list the shaft diameter.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
Quote by LesPaulCowboy

You know, I'm tempted to report this for flaming.

OT, those will work. As long as your pots don't say that they need set-screw knobs, you're fine.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by deftonesordie
^stop calling people stupid for no reason. he asked a question, and was right in doing so. some knobs won't attach properly due to the fact that they require a flat-sided shaft for the securing screw to anchor itself on, and not the standard 'grooved' pot shaft.

Now mr smart one, tell me where in my post I called him stupid? Is he stupid.. No, I said it was a dumb question. So mr I say things before I read. accuse me of calling it a dumb question, not calling him stupid.
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gretsch Electromatic 5120
Amp
Crate V33H head w/ Berhinger B412S
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is my pet bunny. Will you play with my bunny?
(")_(")
Quote by LesPaulCowboy
Now mr smart one, tell me where in my post I called him stupid? Is he stupid.. No, I said it was a dumb question. So mr I say things before I read. accuse me of calling it a dumb question, not calling him stupid.

You made a mistake, it's okay, just don't let it happen again.

Surprisingly, I've run into knobs that don't fit certain pots. Even the ones that don't have set screws. It's a real pain in the ass really. I once just heated the pot up carefully, then put the plastic knob on and it melted on. It worked out nicely actually.
It's not a stupid question at all. That EMG expander thing needs a push on style knob, and I'm guessing the afterburner is probably the same way. Those knobs you linked to are set-screw types(according to a reviewer), to be used with a different type of pot shaft. So, they probably won't work.

LesPaulCowboy's response, however, was unhelpful, uninformed and quite dumb in my opinion. I hereby nominate him for the Dumbest Response Ever Award.

edit: Something like this should work better, but you still need to make sure it's the right size:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-Speed-Knob-Replacement-110?sku=424661
Last edited by Stickymongoose at Jul 20, 2009,
^Hey, you're right. I didn't notice that.

I think allparts/guitar fetish stock push-on shell topped knobs for less than that MF one.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.