My Birthday is coming up and I'm going to ask for a multi effect, I'm also asking for other things so the effect should be less than 200 dollars.

The effect needs to be better than a Digitech RP7-Valve (that's what I currently own, I don't like it at all).

I play alot of Iron Maiden (love the solo effects), some Metallica and other Rock, metal and also blues.

Any Ideas? (max 200 bucks).

Thanks in advance.

I had the following effect in mind:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_effects/zoom/g2/index.html

What do you think? Is it better than the Zoom G1X?
Last edited by thedefrockednun at Jul 19, 2009,
If you want an effect you'll always keep, sounds great, and will always hold its value, a Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah (used). A necessary staple for any guitar setup, and it sounds amazing. I don't know if there's any difference between the white and black versions, but the white one matches the Fulltone MDV-2 nicely :p

If you like harder stuff, I know Daron Malakian uses one.
Ugh, I really would invest in seperate effects.

But if you insist of a multi effects, used Line 6 POD or Boss GT5/6/etc series.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Line 6 Pod Live of some form.

Or an Axe FX, but I get the feeling that's out of your budget.

Edit: Yup, 200 is way, WAY under.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Jul 19, 2009,
You honestly won't get great effects from an MFX for under 200$. What amp do you have, and what effects do you need?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
I want an Iron Maiden sound and a GNR sound.
I have a peavey valveking, epiphone les paul and firebird, vox wah pedal...
200$ won't get you anything decent, unless you fin a really good deal on a used one
your best bet is to just start with single, QUALITY effects pedals, and just build up as you go. you'll thank yourself later. what specific effects are you looking for in particular? what part of your tone do you want to change? are you looking for more/different overdrive or distortion, reverb, delay, etc?
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
Multi-effects are a waste of time and money in most cases.

Quote by thedefrockednun
I want an Iron Maiden sound and a GNR sound.
I have a peavey valveking, epiphone les paul and firebird, vox wah pedal...

Both of those tones are totally achievable with nothing more than your amp and an overdrive pedal and MAYBE an EQ.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
^ +1
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Get a good overdrive/distortion
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
If you really want a multi effects, don't cheap out on it. I know it seems like a lot of money but you'll be much happier with a nice one.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Put your b'day money in the bank and watch Craigslist. I just picked up a GNX3 for $75. Previously I've gotten a GNX4 for $225 and a X3 Live for $225. Lots of deals to be found now the economy has gone sour. I saw an RP350 for $60 a week or so ago.