I recently picked up a boss ge-7 and was wondering what types of music use which kind of settings the most as a quick reference guide. you dont have to get too technical, just looking for easy shapes that i can tweak to fit my ears.

for example how would i get an overdriven old bluesy sound

and then how would i go about getting an as i lay dying metal kind of sound.

etc.....
Are you serious? An EQ will do nothing other than equlizing your sound. It will not add gain or change the voicing of your amp, so you're SOL if you think that it will do any of those. With that said, set everything to 0 and then make boosts/cuts on a certain band, and once you like the setting, pull the adjacent bands to make a softer curve.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Are you serious? An EQ will do nothing other than equlizing your sound. It will not add gain or change the voicing of your amp, so you're SOL if you think that it will do any of those. With that said, set everything to 0 and then make boosts/cuts on a certain band, and once you like the setting, pull the adjacent bands to make a softer curve.

not true.. you can get a distorted sound by raising EQ levels.

and you can get different tones by drastically raising/lowering levels.. however you probably dont need a pedal to do this, you should be able to do this all on your amp.

but.. when messing with your pedal, you should keep all the levels at 0. if you keep your levels at 0, it is the equivalent to not having it turned on at all, an unchanged tone.. that way when you mess with the other knobs, youll have a reference point if you dont like it.

lower mids will get you a bluesy tone, raised mids will get you a metallic sound.. thats it rly

raised treble will give you an annoying ear piercing sound, I do not advise that
raised bass will give you a thicker sound overall
Last edited by pepsi1187 at Jul 19, 2009,