Before anyone asks, I have used the searchbar, and I couldn't find any relevant results.

Basically, my question is: is there any possible way to play the music on my ipod through the car radio? I have heard that there are 'adapters' but I'm not sure if they do what I want. Can someone tell me if I can play my music through my stereo, and also if there are any models that they would particularly recommend.
This is not a sig
Diese hier ist keine Sig
Ceci n'est pas un sig
Questa non è una firma

is amused
You need a double ended 3mm jack to connect from your ipod's output to your car. What your car needs is an input and an auxilary channel on the stereo, I think, to be able to play the music.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
If you have a tape player, you can get aux adapters. Or you could buy a new stereo with ipod support, or with an aux input.
Quote by SlipknotRule93
You need a double ended 3mm jack to connect from your ipod's output to your car. What your car needs is an input and an auxilary channel on the stereo, I think, to be able to play the music.

/thread
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
if its a car stereo with a cassette player there is a cheap cable you can get which connects your ipod and has a tape looking thing on the end

if its a cd player car stereo then im not sure :/
You can get adapters which play it through the radio, you can either get the 1/8 jack ones, or the ones that plug into the iPod plug thingy, they sound really good, my uncle uses one.

The apple ones can be like $80, but I've seen some going for like $30.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Get a FM transmitter, you plug it into your Ipod, set the frequency, and tune the radio to it

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
OK, thanks guys, I'll have a look round
This is not a sig
Diese hier ist keine Sig
Ceci n'est pas un sig
Questa non è una firma

is amused
Quote by dancesisidance
Get a FM transmitter, you plug it into your Ipod, set the frequency, and tune the radio to it

I've read about those, but apparently they can suffer quite badly from static, and radio interruption? Also, how much would one cost?

EDIT: sorry for the double post, I was sort of hoping someone would post soon after my first reply
This is not a sig
Diese hier ist keine Sig
Ceci n'est pas un sig
Questa non è una firma

is amused
Quote by dancesisidance

My sister uses this in her car- it plugs into the headphone jack, so you can use it for any music player, so no need to get an official iPod one since you'll most likely be paying through the nose for it.
Quote by mattant250
I've read about those, but apparently they can suffer quite badly from static, and radio interruption? Also, how much would one cost?

EDIT: sorry for the double post, I was sort of hoping someone would post soon after my first reply

I said it in my post, $80 or so for the apple ones, $30 or so for non apple ones
That's the prices in Australia at least.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
If you have a CD slot / tape deck then you can get an adapter to fit those, and that should do what you want.

Link to the CD one? I can only find tape ones.
Quote by Jesstaa
I said it in my post, $80 or so for the apple ones, $30 or so for non apple ones
That's the prices in Australia at least.

Oh, sorry, must have missed that

Does it give off good quality, does it suffer from radio static, interruption, etc...?
This is not a sig
Diese hier ist keine Sig
Ceci n'est pas un sig
Questa non è una firma

is amused
I use an FM transmitter, but i hate it, other stations always cut through and it seems to drain the sound quality, no matter what frequency it is at. I'd just pay the extra to get a stereo with an auxilliary output
Quote by mattant250
Oh, sorry, must have missed that

Does it give off good quality, does it suffer from radio static, interruption, etc...?

I got one for like 30 bucks at walmart.

I do get a little static sometimes, but it's not a lot, just a little bit that is hard to hear unless it's a quiet part in a song.

a friend of mine has one too, same kind as mine and i haven't heard any static on his, don't know why mine does.

edit: ^ well, I make sure I'm tuned to somewhere without a station. and I heard that the higher channels are less prone to static (don't know if that's true or not)

I use 107.1 cuz there's no station there in my area. it seems to do alright most of the time.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Jul 19, 2009,
They have those FM transmitters but they really suck (really static) I prefer the cassette, or auxillery input honestly.
OK thanks for all your help guys

Have a beer

This is not a sig
Diese hier ist keine Sig
Ceci n'est pas un sig
Questa non è una firma

is amused