http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/i/iron_maiden/the_trooper_solo_tab.htm

Hi, how come although the song is in Eminor, Dave and Adrian appear to solo over it using the aminor pentatonic positions? I think I just haven't examined it properly, but help would be appreciated.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
They're potheads maybe :p ?
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
not getting really into it, solo one looks to be in E minor the notes of the solo is generally B which is 5th of E and inside the E chord

then the second solo looks like they change key there (modulate) to A
actually I think thats right, you can hear the modulation. "the notes of the solo is generally B" please could you clarify that?
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by turtlewax
actually I think thats right, you can hear the modulation. "the notes of the solo is generally B" please could you clarify that?

ahh never mind, i just looked at line 3 and 4 and the root note kept returning to the 12 on b (b) but just ignore that statement
The first solo is a typical E minor solo. It resolves to E, it mainly uses the notes of the E minor scale and it's played over a progression that resolves to E.

The second solo does indeed take place over a key change so it's in A, and so's the backing...the same chord progression just tranposed up a 5th.

The tab even tells you that, you can see the chords above the tab lines.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jul 19, 2009,
Quote by steven seagull
The first solo is a typical E minor solo. It resolves to E, it mainly uses the notes of the E minor scale and it's played over a progression that resolves to E.

The second solo does indeed take place over a key change so it's in A, and so's the backing...the same chord progression just tranposed up a 5th.

The tab even tells you that, you can see the chords above the tab lines.

^ + 1
shred is gaudy music