Hey UG.

Here's the deal

I can't really get metal pedal enclosures that easily where I live so I was thinking about making one out of "organic glass"

The stuff is pretty damn sturdy and it wouldn't be to hard for me to glue together the casing.

Your thoughts ?
id say go for it. If the stuff is sturdy enough you could make some cool as looking effects ^_^
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
ONLY, and ONLY... if you habe multicolour LEDs that pulse, and change colour, when you play differt notes and play loud/soft sounds.

so yeah, add some freaking lights and it would be awesome.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
dont forget that some pedals use the enclosure as part of the circuit. make sure everything inside gets grounded and more importantly metal enclosures cut down on interference. you might want to consider that.
Quote by ljohn
The enclosure shields the effect from RF signals and other interference. Basically, you'll want to shield it some other way, or your pedal will more than likely get noisier.

Well, not compared to a regular wooden pedal board, or not having a case at all... I don't see the problem.
put a bunch of LED's inside the casing. Is that like plexiglass?
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by Pikka Bird
Well, not compared to a regular wooden pedal board, or not having a case at all... I don't see the problem.

He is talking about the actually pedal being made out of class not a pedal board.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
You could line the inside with some kind of metal mesh. As far as I'm aware, as long as the holes are smaller than a certain size, interference will not get through. I can't be arsed to find the actual measurement right now, but It allows for a large enough gap that really any kind of screen or mesh should do the trick and any lights inside would still be visible. I actually think that would look really cool.
Founder of the "Foundation to replace Jacob's stolen phone foundation of America" PM me to contribute to this noble cause, no donation is too small, or large for that matter
Quote by Woogles
He is talking about the actually pedal being made out of class not a pedal board.

Ah. In that case it's more relevant, but still not necessarily a problem, depending on what he wants to make... I've seen a Big Muff clone that was basically made by screwing the components right onto the top of a 2x4, and that was pretty quiet.