Page 1 of 2
Couldn't find any recent threads on this so how about it fellow pit-goers.

Who have you gone to see, expecting HUGE things and been impressed with.

For me, having just listened to the Bootleg of the Maiden show i was at and still being impressed I put forward them.

Who else?
Samwell
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
ac/dc in a big football stadium with a crowd of about 60.000+

\m/
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Queen

EDIT: I didn't read the first post properly, i have never seen Queen, i guess out of bands i have seen, probably Queens Of The Stone Age.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Journey, Boston, Aerosmith, Rush
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Quote by kingjiyoon
Dragonforce

oh ****..

Well, then I guess they do live up to their reputation.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
I was at the Roundhouse when Opeth recorded 'The Roundhouse Tapes' and I still get a buzz whenever I watch the DVD, they were incredible.

Other awesome bands I've seen that live up to their reputation include NIN, Biffy Clyro, Billy Talent, Rise Against and John Effing Mayer.
Daft punk or System of a down

both have a reputation for good live shows and both were excellent.
Motorhead are awesome live just for the atmosphere.
I've never been to a more overheated, sweaty and anarchic gig and i loved it!
Current Gear...

Fender Mexican Stratocaster

Les Paul Copy w/ Seymour Duncan 59 an JB in bridge and neck respectively (She's a beauty!)

Marshall JCM2000 DSL

Jim dunlop crybaby

Electroharmonix Double Muff
Quote by CoreysMonster
Tool

Pink Floyd
Van Halen and Def Leppard had good sound and visuals in the 80s
DT, Symphony X, Genesis
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by thorbor
ac/dc in a big football stadium with a crowd of about 60.000+

\m/

Great one.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Pennywise, Bad Religion, Coheed and Cambria, Bayside, Killswitch: Engage, and Reel Big Fish
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Muse.

Pendulum.

Fightstar.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by donender
Queen

EDIT: I didn't read the first post properly, i have never seen Queen, i guess out of bands i have seen, probably Queens Of The Stone Age.

I saw Queen+ Paul Rodgers and that was the best show I have ever seen. I can only imagine just how freaking good they must've been with Freddie and John back in the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aduNahDPjBA&feature=related

That, in my opinion, is simply the greatest live performance ever.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
ac/dc was amazing live
Quote by DempseyPunk
I thought i saw jesus doing the same thing. He wasnt disguised as a hobo though, he just looked like jesus. He asked me for about tree fiddy. Then it hit me. It wasnt no jesus, it was that god dam loch ness monster.
I'll go ahead and say the only "Legendary Live band" I saw live.

Kiss in Québec City the other day. Outdoor concert. 80 000 people. It was awesome.
Gear :
Epiphone G400
Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR
Peavey Vypyr 30.

Please excuse my lack of proper spelling and grammar, english isn't my first language.
Iron Maiden.

And I was pleasantly surprised with AC/DC.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Green Day in '05 was awesome. 50-foot pyros, all the silly hats in "King For A Day", the audience band in "Knowledge", and Billie Joe jacking his dick off in "Hitchin' A Ride". Great show, seeing them again in two weeks!

A lesser-known band called "Fire To Reason" is known for being one of the hardest-working bands in the business, they constantly tour (They've been to "48 states 41 times"), and their live shows are wild and energetic. I've seen them twice, and while not many people were in the venue, and me and two of my friends were the only ones really into it, they kicked ass. They're going on tour with Motorhead soon, and Lemmy says they're one of his favorite bands.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
muse, smashing pumpkins, nine inch nails
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
I have said this many times in this forum.

Radiohead.

Once more never hurts.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Municipal Waste

and hopefully Blind Guardian.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Judas Priest, even though Rob sounded off key since he used to do a ton of Coke, but still kickass
AC/DC
Aerosmith, seriously It's not possible to NOT have a good time at their concerts
Funkadelic
Bruce Springsteen
Iron Maiden
SOAD
R.E.M
Depeche Mode
Soundgarden
Iced Earth
KISS
Pretty much any Ska band except Reel Big Fish
2009 (Used, w/ Tex Mex pups ) MIM Strat
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Is AASing for Blackstar HT-5 head and speaker
Is GASing for Kramer Striker Custom w/o FR
I.. AM.. THE.....THREADKILLER!
Muse, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Not legendary (yet) but All That Remains put on a very high quality live show, generally bands aren't quite as perfect as they are in the studio but make up for it in that "genuine" feel, All That Remains are perform live better than they do in the studio and still involve the audience really well, Phil Labonte is probably the best live screamer I have ever seen as well.
Quote by destroy_techno
this girl like said it was all screemz so I like punched her in teh face, serves her right stupid bish, don't fukk with Pantera
Tool may have been the tightest band I've seen live...

Metallica, NIN, The Who. A really cool show too was seeing Helmet in a really small club, could just walk up and stand right in front. Guys were awesome. Also have seen a couple Motley Crue shows that were great shows from a theatrical standpoint.
Warwick Corvette $$ 4-string
Ibanez GSR200
SWR Goliath II 4x10
Eden 115XL
Carvin B1500 head
Page 1 of 2