Quote by azn_guitarist25
are you looking at buying a guitar or just posting cool guitars up on the internet?

Buying, and the reason for my large quantity of posts is so I can find the perfect budget guitar. I want something flashy and nice that plays well. I dont want anything boring or too common. Thats why I need some advice.

Would you rather have a really small banger that has good mileage but looks like a box or a lovely sporty car that can go fast and has decent looks?
[IMG]http://i31.tinypic.com/11ioi8n.jpg[/IMG]
We all love the fail-tar!
alright but seriously dude just create one thread with the topic of what guitar to buy. much easier to give direct answers. anyway might as well make this that thread.

what is your budget? what is your current gear? and what music do you play?
Quote by azn_guitarist25
alright but seriously dude just create one thread with the topic of what guitar to buy. much easier to give direct answers. anyway might as well make this that thread.

what is your budget? what is your current gear? and what music do you play?

My budget is a shocking £120.00 at most. www.XE.com for a currency converter

I have a Stagg F-300 flying V on the way but my current gear consists of an Encore les Paul copy, 2 amps (1x Elevation EG-10J and a BB BLASTER) 10 watts each, and an unbranded strat that needs restringing.

Im in to Rock and metal. (Guns N Roses, Black Sabbath, Bon Jovi, Iron Maiden)

I dont want anything too extreme, nothing too common.

Thanks

At the moment Im considering a Wesley Dominator.
(www.wesleyguitars.com)
Quote by VocalValantine
Buying, and the reason for my large quantity of posts is so I can find the perfect budget guitar. I want something flashy and nice that plays well. I dont want anything boring or too common. Thats why I need some advice.

Would you rather have a really small banger that has good mileage but looks like a box or a lovely sporty car that can go fast and has decent looks?

good mileage, because then I get where I'm going ... whereas you run out of petrol miles from anywhere and get raped by the scary locals.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by tommyt
good mileage, because then I get where I'm going ... whereas you run out of petrol miles from anywhere and get raped by the scary locals.

Nice joke, enjoy your strat you sure do blend in!
Quote by VocalValantine

ooh no you don't want to say that.
Quote by VocalValantine

Yeah and if you get a BC Rich, you'll just end up looking like a ten year old 'Slayer' poser.

Get the guitar that plays and sounds better, not looks awesome but sounds decent.

And seriously, wtf. Why do you have THREE beginner guitars, and why do you want another beginner guitar?
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by VocalValantine

Im sorry, I don't own a strat.

I've also been playing long enough to know that spikey and shiney doesn't mean unique.

You as it seems have not .... however part 2 of that is that spikey and shiney also doesn't mean high quality, value for money, good sound, good feel, comfort ....

You'll get there in the end.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by Baby Joel
Yeah and if you get a BC Rich, you'll just end up looking like a ten year old 'Slayer' poser.

Get the guitar that plays and sounds better, not looks awesome but sounds decent.

And seriously, wtf. Why do you have THREE beginner guitars, and why do you want another beginner guitar?

hey, I'm getting a BC Rich, once you get out of the sub $300 ones, they are really quite nice guitars. higher end assassin/gunslingers are not bad guitars and don't look like a pointy toy.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Last edited by jeffc313 at Jul 19, 2009,
Quote by VocalValantine

and the budget BC Rich is better how?

People don't 'blend' in with the guitar they own.

People stand out by actually PLAYING good, from what you sound like, you're all about the appearance and not about function.
Quote by jeffc313
hey, I'm getting a BC Rich, once you get out of the sub $300 ones, they are really quite nice guitars. higher end assassin/gunslingers are not bad guitars and don't look like a pointy toy.

even the mid end BC Riches are very good guitars, not my style, but they play nice, and have a good sound. The problem here is that TS is going for his third begginer guitar because it looks cool, then when it sounds so bad he wont be able to play it anymore.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
Quote by VocalValantine

you did not just say that

your bc. **** will never touch a strat. ever.

and yeah why the **** do you have 3 beginner guitars T_T

i honestly dont know how jimi hendrix, mark knoplfer and srv look "common" with a strat.
1. Having a B.C Rich isn't standing out anymore. If anything you blend in with the distressed teenager crowd.

2. If you want to stand out get a guitar thats going to last, that sounds good, and feels comfortable. Then learn to play on it until your good enough to impress.

3. Why do you need all these starter guitars? With all this money you're spending you could have spent it all on one good guitar instead of 3 beginners.

4. Please, just one guitar thread. Give us as much info as possible then let us work our internet magic. This will give you much better results than posting aggravating threads about the next 'big' company, forcing us to set you straight numerous time.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Honestly I've looked over some of the threads he's started.....he has like 3 budget beginner guitars yet he's in a band, AND he's always asking questions about more budget guitars. Save your money and buy a decent guitar that won't end up with a broken nut or whatever else is wrong with your budget guitars
The thing I've always been aware of about B.C. rich guitars (almost all of them) is that the price is usually pretty high because of the paint job. Almost all Mockingbirds look badass. Don't get me wrong, but the paint on them make up a good third of the cost. The electronics are subpar and the wood used is usually mahogany body and neck or a maple neck.

That doesn't mean they are bad guitars by any means, I'm just saying watch out for that kind of stuff. You could get a beginner guitar that looks intermediate and you won't surprise anyone.

If you like that general body shape, look for a Dean Razorback. I'm not saying the $1K ones, but you can find a decent Razorback for about $600. I'd advise looking around more. Stop buying crap guitars and buy a decent amp if you haven't already.