Is it possible to switch out a Vintage type tremelo or a Modern Fender tremelo with a Floyd Rose, or would you need rerouting?

Same question except now for Ibanez floating tremelos like the ZR, Lo Pro Edge, Edge III, etc.

I have a Squier Stratocaster (that sings) and it is equipped with one of the above two types of tremelo. The flaw is tuning stability, which could be fixed with the Floyd Rose (Zr, Lo Pro Edge, Edge III, etc.), but I don't have much experience with swapping tremelo systems, so I'm asking for your help.

I'm already willing to lose different tunings, have great difficulty changing strings etc.

Thanks!
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Its possible from what I hear, but pretty damned difficult, you'd want a guitar tech to do it for you. Expect it to cost $125-200. I wouldn't do it with a Squier, that's probably more expensive than the damned guitar itself.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
have you tried lubing your nut? honestly i think it's just too much wasted money and better to buy a guitar that has a floyd rose already in it.
Quote by LEON.01
Mate, thats a ball ache of a job. If you mean by tuning stability that it keeps going out of tune when you use it, then just fit locking nuts, like the ones used for floyd rose systems.

http://www.azmusicales.com/catalogo/catalog/images/ln-bk%5B1%5D.jpg

and then when the strings go sharp he is going to change the tuning by playing with his fin.....oh wait he doesn't have any. it's easier to just ensure the string is freely allowed to move within the nut and that the guitar is strung up tightly at the headstock.
A FR wont just drop in no. And you would also need to mod the neck for a locking nut. Without a locking nut the FR doesnt have good tuning stability either. 1 of the things you learn w a squire is just dont use the trem very much. Mine would stay in tune very well until you tried to use the trem.
Replace the trem with a Trem King. Perfect tuning stability, and the TK1 is a drop in replacement for vintage-style vibratos.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Also, I forgot to mention, I like the look of the floating tremelos and I liked to use divebombs, pullups, tremelo, and that flutter chirpy thing in my playing, but my tuning goes haywire when I try them.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6