hi i have an epiphone SG G-310 and i was thinking about upgradeing the pickups to great a great clean sound out of it, but im not sure what to look at. At the moment im useing a Marshall MG 30DFX but im thinking of getting a Line 6 spider 3
Prepare yourself!
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Highway One Telecaster

TC Electronic Polytune
Electro Harmonix Pitchfork
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
Fultone OCD
Electro Harmonix Nano Big Muff
TC Electronics Flashback X 4
Strymon Blue Sky
Strymon El Capistan

Vox AC4
dude, u already have an MG, and u wanna get a spider??
this is like the worst thing u can say on UG, get ready to get bombarded
personally id just get a new amp
wat genres do u play?
budget?
do u gig?
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Let the cartoon begin.....
-----------------------------------
G.A.S. Afflicted
(sigh)....a pickup change won't do **** if you're playing through a crappy amp. do NOT get the spider. your main focus should be getting a quality amp, as that is what affects your tone the most. what kind of music do you play?
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
i have a rgr430ex that i play in a metal band, but i do like to play some classic rock and i dont want to change tuneings every 2 seconds. We dont gig yet as were newly formed but are planning to. And what has everyone got against the line 6?

Pickup's wont change your tone.

Get a new amp, a GOOD amp.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Roland Cube, Peavey Vypyr, and B52 AT112 60W. Are all in the same price range as the spider and all 20x better.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Why are there so many of these?!?!?!?!?!?!
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Seriously, B-52 or the Vypyr amp. People dont like Spiders because they are (bad) digital modeling amps. They sound decent for bedroom practicing, but if you try to crank it the tone disappears. Get rid of the marshall, and get a real amp.
People, please stop taking topics and facts said on this website and others too far. Upgrading your pick-ups will always alter your tone, no matter what amp you have. Instead of berating the bloke, simply offer a polite alternate solution, in this case, a new amp.

As mentioned, if you are interested in buying a new amp, a Roland Cube, Vox VT, Peavey Vypyr, Line6 Flextone III, B52 AT, Kustom Contender, etc. will be good.

Otherwise, what kind of budget are you looking at for new pickups/amp?
Quote by minchew
rid of the marshall, and get a real amp.

\

quote from truth man
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
Go to a music shop with your SG & ask to try a few different amps. Try at least one small 5watt tube amp & see what your guitar sounds like, if you like the sound don't change your pick-ups, change your amp! A Peavey Royal Eight or Fender Champ 600 will be about the same price as a new set of good pick-ups, so the choice is yours. Plus you get to have fun with several different amps, which is always good ;0)
Quote by anguskilminster
Go to a music shop with your SG & ask to try a few different amps. Try at least one small 5watt tube amp & see what your guitar sounds like, if you like the sound don't change your pick-ups, change your amp! A Peavey Royal Eight or Fender Champ 600 will be about the same price as a new set of good pick-ups, so the choice is yours. Plus you get to have fun with several different amps, which is always good ;0)
excellent advice