So, my band just got its first acoustic gig at a coffee shop. We've gone in and checked out what they have for us to use there as far as PA and whatnot, and they have NOTHING. My lead singer has a nice PA system we could use for vocals, but since it more than likely won't fit in the shop, I'll be needing an acoustic amp. For around $150 dollars, what would be the best acoustic amp I could get?
My Gear

Schecter C-1 Plus (Seymour Duncan JB bridge, Seymour Duncan '59 neck)

Bugera 333XL 212 Combo

MXR Carbon Copy
MXR ZW-45 Overdrive
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
before I even make a suggestion, if you cant bring your PA how are you going to do vocals? something to think about before you rush into this. putting them through a guitar amp will not be gig worthy, not for me anyway. but anyway....

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-Ultracoustic-ACX450-Acoustic-Guitar-Amplifier-?sku=480306#used

^ its $179, but if you look at your buying options they have a used one for about $160. 45w for a coffee shop gig should be plenty for a coffee shop if you dont have drums or if your drummer plays quieter with brush sticks or something.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-Ultracoustic-AT108-Acoustic-Combo-Amp?sku=480781#used

^ this is the 15w version of the previous amp. this is a lot cheaper at $70 and you'll notice they have a used one for $62. this would be a better option if its not something you'll need a lot and if you dont have a drummer. your drummer will deffinitely drown this out and it will clip much sooner than the 45w version.

those 2 are the cheapest ones that came to mind. anything else/better you're looking at $300 to start with and could go to about $1600 (genz benz shenendahoa).

if its a small coffee house you might be better off bringing the PA system with you. just condense it. dont bring the speaker stands just set them on something. maybe set them tilted upwards and sideways on the floor?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Thanks, and yeah, we had thought of doing that, but this owner has some peculiar rules that I've never run into before, so oh well, this could just end up being quite an amusing gig.
My Gear

Schecter C-1 Plus (Seymour Duncan JB bridge, Seymour Duncan '59 neck)

Bugera 333XL 212 Combo

MXR Carbon Copy
MXR ZW-45 Overdrive
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
Don't waste your money on a cheap acoustic amp. Just use your Bugera on the clean channel and you're good to go.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Don't waste your money on a cheap acoustic amp. Just use your Bugera on the clean channel and you're good to go.

agreed. It'll sound fine.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by xwearesinking
it's a coffee shop, do it unplugged.

This.