My band needs to do an acoustic cover set soon, recommend some well known covers that we could do? We have two guitars, a bass, a jambere and a vocalist...
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Not sure what kind of band you guys are, but off the top of my head,
A day to Remember- If it Means A Lot To You
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus- Your Guardian Angel
Biffy Clyro- Machines
Jack Johnson- All At Once
Led Zeppelin- Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
Simple Man, the Shinedown version (the original is amazing too, but since its all acoustic...)

BTW, what sort of feel or genre do you want these to be? We are an acoustic forum, so we have hundreds of songs to recommend, but unless you give us a ballpark of what you want then your just gonna get a ton of songs that really don't fit with your band.
Composer of Scores for Film/Video Games/TV/and More!
Contact me if you have a project that you need music of any style for!
We're into the blues, reggae, psy. Basically, feel music if you get my drift. We did a reggae version of smoke on the water with a blusey lead last week, Knocking by GNR, Breath by Floyd etc... just need a new list of covers that are a little up beat cause our originals are pretty laid back even if some of them are at around 120 bpm.
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

La Grange by ZZ top....its originally done on electrics, but it would sound awesome on acoustic, and you guys can jam for as long as you need to and you can really adapt the riff to any genre or style. If your ever bored, play the riff and have your drummer play a reggae rhythm, or a blues rhythm, or a waltz rhythm, or a standard jazz rhythm, and somehow the riff magically adapts.

But yah, that's a fun one that can be upbeat and interesting for the crowd.
Composer of Scores for Film/Video Games/TV/and More!
Contact me if you have a project that you need music of any style for!
Cool, thanks.. any other ZZ top songs that're worth listening to even if we dont cover them?
Quote by jpnyc

try some Xavier Rudd's, maybe The letter or Messages.
I play in a similar acoustic band, we are one guitar player, a bass player and a singer, we cover Supertramp (Travelled and Downstream), Simon & Garfunkel, King Crimson (I talk to the wind), Genesis (carpet crawlers), and some Cat Stevens or Jethro Tull. As you see, lots of seventies music, but almost anything could be adapted to an acoustic band.