Page 1 of 2
Let me first start off with that some of you guys might notice that I make a few "damn gypsy" jokes time to time but I just joke around with it but something that come across me this a few weeks ago about gypsies. I have noticed that a lot of Irish and other people hate Gypsies for some reason? can someone inform me what is this about and how did it start?
People assume that gypsies steal anything that isn'tn nailed down in your garden, that they sleep with their siblings and are dirty. Not sure why Irish in particular hate them
I'm Irish and I don't hate gypsies.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
As a teacher, I hate the way they fight to get their kids into schools and then move away for 6 months and expect their kids to walk straight back into the classroom whenever they decide to return having missed huuuuge chunks of the curriculum.

And they're not Irish Gypsies, they're 'Travellers'.
I love hanging with pikeys. They have everything together.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
do u mean travelers when u say irish gypsies?
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
A lot of them steal, and for some reason I don't know, are quite dirty. Apparently some of the kids, with really dirty hands, put their [unsanitary] hands into Pick 'n' Mix and nick the food [my mum used to work in Asda a long time ago].

I've never really been near them, and the settlements I've seen are out of the way and rather tidy/neat.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Eggmond

I have no idea. I'm Canadian so I don't know what Irish or English people call them over seas.
Don't start me. You have to have had an experience of them to really "get it".
Quote by Eggmond
I would presume so.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Last edited by dgme92 at Jul 19, 2009,
One time I was walkin home from my mates house and this pikey kid (looked around 12) came out alongside the road and had a piss, in broad daylight. Alot of them are horrible characters.
HOWAYA LUV ;D

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Quote by Simsimius
A lot of them steal, and for some reason I don't know, are quite dirty. Apparently some of the kids, with really dirty hands, put their [unsanitary] hands into Pick 'n' Mix and nick the food [my mum used to work in Asda a long time ago].

I've never really been near them, and the settlements I've seen are out of the way and rather tidy/neat.

Thats two words I thought I'd never hear to describe travellers

Also their average life-span is around 40

☻/

/▌

/ \

PSN ID: Lord-MacTooth
Last edited by eterom11 at Jul 19, 2009,
I don't like them much based on what I've heard.

They call themselves travellers but their caravans don't even move(Bit of an Armstrong and Miller reference there).

Haven't had any experience really, but at a camp site near Scarborough a bunch of chavs tried to nick the bikes off the back of our camper van. I guess they're pikeys. The site was sh*t and dirty because of them anyway.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by dgme92
Don't start me. You have to have had an experience of them to really "get it".

This.

"Liberal" and "modern-thinking" guys will come in to this thread and will call everyone racist from their safe homes.

Well, come to Hungary, or any other central/east-european country and spend a week in one of the awful lot of little towns where the locals are living in fear and the police is useless.

If i envy one thing from America, it is their police.
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
Ah, Travellers.

There are loads round here, the ones I have come across are usually loud and aggressive. There were twin boys in our school, both were badly behaved, but one was actually quite decent to me.

I can't hate them, one is marrying into my family.
The name's Charlie!

Quote by Ur all $h1t
If Scotland wants to be a different country then go and get your independence properly and stop being pussys about it.

pikeys are bipedal ratpeople
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
I only hate them because they never give their tears and have yard sales with stuff that isn't theirs.
The Irish trravellers are drug dealing scum. EVERYONE hates them. For good reason too.
What?
It can go either way with pikeys. In my experience there just as likely to buy me a pint or smash the pub up..
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
My ancestors were gypsies in eastern europe...so....yeah...

All you haters can go have a wank as far as I'm concerned with your generalizations and such...Might as well make a thread about blacks and you can all talk about how they're negative or whatever.

Hate breeds more hate people, and you're only creating a worse world by adding to this hate.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict

All you haters can go have a wank as far as I'm concerned with your generalizations and such...Might as well make a thread about blacks and you can all talk about how they're negative or whatever.

Hate breeds more hate people, and you're only creating a worse world by adding to this hate.

And you can go have a wank as far as the 'haters' are concerned. Bad experiences usually equals bad impressions, equaling negative views on people.
-

Quote by TunerAddict

Question. Out of all of the things you could of used as a example, why did you choose black people?

EDIT: I don't hear much complains about them because from mine and other peoples experiences, they are productive members of society. That's just my two cents.
Last edited by herman ri2 at Jul 19, 2009,
If you really want to see hate against travellers, try reading the daily mail.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
If you really want to see hate, try reading the daily mail.

Fixed.

Quote by rabidguitarist
If you really want to see hate against travellers, try reading the daily mail.

Once again. I'm Canadian and there is near to zero stories about Gypsies in Canada.
Quote by herman ri2
Question. Out of all of the things you could of used as a example, why did you choose black people?

EDIT: I don't hear much complains about them because from mine and other peoples experiences, they are productive members of society. That's just my two cents.

Its easily the most divisive analogy to be perfectly honest. We recognize the atrocities in mistreatment of blacks, so by using that as a reminder I can better show the similarities between both.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Holy shit, Gypsies are a race of people? I just thought they were freeloaders who avoided taxes by joyfully singing their folky tunes...

Well, you learn something new everyday.
Because they're a wandering race of freeloaders who pretty much turn any town they show up in to ****.
had to comment. gypsie is too nice a name to be given to a traveller. they are thieves and gangsters. a few years back , a mate of mine was walking through a field (shortcut home) when travellers started to chase him. they eventually caught him and robbed his new runners . like come on, ffs fecking knackers eh !!!
Quote by bendystraw
This shit is seriously retarded.
Quote by TunerAddict
Its easily the most divisive analogy to be perfectly honest. We recognize the atrocities in mistreatment of blacks, so by using that as a reminder I can better show the similarities between both.

Gypsies aren't even a race. Black folks are.

That to me doesn't measure up. Majority of Gypsies are known for stealing and stuff. That isn't stereotype but the truth but on the other hand, black people aren't known for stealing and traveling place to place for months on hand. Last time I check there was Black History Month and other African decent celebrations for black people. That to me shows that they have done something productive for society. This is like putting Gold fish and mammals in the same category.

BTW, you shouldn't be offend because there are different types of gypsies. Indigenous Norwegian Travellers , Scottish Travellers, Iran Gypsies, and etc.
Last edited by herman ri2 at Jul 19, 2009,
As long as Gypsies obey the law and pay the same taxes as everyone else Im fine with them. You can't generalise any group and just say "argh all gypsies are evil criminals".

On the other hand im a city boy with no first hand experience. Nearly all my friends who live in the country can tell a number of horror stories about theft, smashed pubs, assaults, killing of livestock, etc..
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by herman ri2
Gypsies aren't even a race. Black folks are.

That to me doesn't measure up. Majority of Gypsies are known for stealing and stuff. That isn't stereotype but the truth but on the other hand, black people aren't known for stealing and traveling place to place for months on hand. Last time I check there was Black History Month and other African decent celebrations for black people. That to me shows that they have done something productive for society. This is like putting Gold fish and mammals in the same category.

I think he was referring to the likes of the Romani gypsies, who don't exactly have a pretty past, if I remember rightly.

Quote by SilverSpurs616
People assume that gypsies steal anything that isn'tn nailed down in your garden, that they sleep with their siblings and are dirty. Not sure why Irish in particular hate them

And they try and sell you carpets/fireplaces from the back of their vans. I lived in Laois for 7 years so I know what the knackers are like.
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
Gypsies, where do i ****ing start...

My sisters boyfriend is a doctor, one morning he was confronted in the hospital with two brothers ( who happened to be gypsies). One of the brothers arm's was blown in half by a bloody shotgun.

Sisters boyfriend asked what happened...they were fighting over a packet of ****ing tayto crisps..... (TRUE STORY)

Oh and Oxegen was packed with gypsies when i was trying to watch the bands. I say burn them all!
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Adam124
Gypsies, where do i ****ing start...

My sisters boyfriend is a doctor, one morning he was confronted in the hospital with two brothers ( who happened to be gypsies). One of the brothers arm's was blown in half by a bloody shotgun.

Sisters boyfriend asked what happened...they were fighting over a packet of ****ing tayto crisps..... (TRUE STORY)

Oh and Oxegen was packed with gypsies when i was trying to watch the bands. I say burn them all!

That wasn't necessary, man.
Page 1 of 2