I'm looking for an effects pedal that has distortion and sustain with control levels for both. I use a Boss Cs-3 compressor which is great for my country sound but does't work for rock.
Visual Sound Route66 is your deffinite answer. its a dual pedal with 2 switches and 2 sets of controls for an overdrive side and the other is a compressor side. goes for about $150 I believe. the overdrive side is a good 808 clone.

on musician's friend

and here is the official site

this pedal has great reviews
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
But is there an obvious change in sound when your playing in distortion then add sustain I guess what I'm asking is when I'm playing say a slow blues and I wanna make a certain note sustain can ya tell that I made a pedal change. I just want the note to hold longer.
yes there will be an audible change in sound. but thats how compressors work. even the top notch one from keeley will make a change in the sound if you click it on WHILE holding the note. its the nature of compressors to...compress! and squash notes into even frequencies. this is not a natural sound so people who know what they're listening to will be able to tell right away if something in the sound suddenly changed. what a compressor does is not natural sounding to the ear and its often too dramatic to be considered a natural part of music/sound frequencies.

of course you could always just play with the compressor on all the time. then you wont have the problem.

if you're asking if the pedal itself changes/loses/suffers sound loss while running both sides of the pedal then no, not really. the pedal has plenty of power to use both at the same time/switch one off or on and back again. it uses an 18v power supply, which is plenty
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce