i am going on a very long car ride about 15 hours tomorow but i am going to be able to play my guitar on the way so any song suggestions for me to learn on the way
Highway Star - Deep Purple
502 - Megadeth
Born To be Wild - Steppenwolf
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
no offence but the only song of those three i have heard is born to be wild those songs are older than me im pretty sure
None taken, but what music do you mostly listen to, because it's a lot easier to learn something you like and listen to.
Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
i LOVE metallica and listen to a lot of the devil wears prada mudvayne all that remains slipknot disturbed as i lay dying pretty much anything close to that
How long have you been playing guitar and what kind of music are you into? You can learn some really(really) easy riffs like smoke on the water, iron man, sunshine of your love. You can learn looks that kill by motley crue, some AC/DC songs or Nirvana.

EDIT: just saw the list of bands that you like. Try learning fade to black by metallica or enter sandman.
Last edited by -mikki6- at Jul 19, 2009,
So you like metallica? Try the beginning of Seek and Destroy, it's not that hard, untill it gets fast. Or maybe the first parts of whiplash.
Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
i have been playing for almost a year and can learn most riffs if i put a lot of time into them and i have a lot of time to play tomorow
i already can play seek and destroy but even though i listen to a lot of metallica i have not heard whiplash was that on load cuz i dont listen to much of that cd
Quote by perfectchaos23
i already can play seek and destroy but even though i listen to a lot of metallica i have not heard whiplash was that on load cuz i dont listen to much of that cd

No, it was on Kill 'em All.
Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
i already can play seek and destroy

Can you play the really thrashy-mid section all downstrokes? If not, try and nail that. A lot of Metallica rhythms are played all downstrokes...like Master of Puppets, try and tackle that in the 15 hours, again with downstrokes for the riffs.

Other suggestions:

Machine Head - Halo or Aesthetics of Hate
Megadeth - Tornado of Souls or Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
on master of puppets i do play all down strokes just cant get the rythm down for the chorus and i can't play all of seek and destroy. and whiplash sounds sweet but does not seem hard thanks swiss.