Yeah, they've been doin it for a while. You can get them online at GC too.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
some other site is also selling them. always thought it was a little weird how you could only buy from "gc" or authorized physical dealer
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
So can the European guys who complain about how expensive they are buy 'em cheaper now? I don't really know how that works.
^Knowing mesa those stores probably aren't allowed to ship over seas.
I thought Mesa cost more in Europe in addition to the shipping and tariffs, (but I've never actually purchased one there.)
^They do, the price is roughly double what we pay here.
In Europe, you can get Marshall, Deizel, Engl, and Framus way cheaper than in America. All of those are way better amps than Mesa. Buying amps in Europe is not as bad as you think. Most of those amps in America are upwards of $3000, about what Mesa is in Europe
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Quote by Ubershall404
In Europe, you can get Marshall, Deizel, Engl, and Framus way cheaper than in America. All of those are way better amps than Mesa. Buying amps in Europe is not as bad as you think. Most of those amps in America are upwards of $3000, about what Mesa is in Europe

This is all your opinion. I know a lot of people who would cry blasphemy if you said an Engl was better than a Mesa. Remember to write IMO before saying something like that.

How much do the Lonestars and Lonestar specials go for in the USA?

What I really want for sale over here is a B-52

EDIT:
Just found the Mesa combos on sweetwater. £1000 cheaper to buy over there
Last edited by SwampAshSpecial at Jul 19, 2009,
Quote by Ubershall404
+1

Triple Rectifiers are like £1600 - £2000 just for the head, but i dont see why anyone in europe would buy that when for the same price you could probably get a nice boutique head?
Quote by Ubershall404

IMO, Mesa blows away Marshall. Diezel is awesome and you're right, they're around $1500 US more here. ENGLs aren't really that bad, most cost around as much, cheaper or slightly more than Mesas and I prefer certain Mesas to certain ENGLs. I don't ever check prices on Framus stuff though, so it could be a huge price increase. Also, when importing to Europe, you have to factor in VAT/larger tariffs/smaller market while importing to the US you just have to worry about a ~10% tariff.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Ubershall404

bollocks. Mesa is twice as expensive in europe as it is in the states. Engl is pretty much the same price regardless of whether you buy in europe or the USA. Ditto Framus. Diezel and Marshall are a little more expensive in the states, but nowhere near as much more as Mesa is in europe.

For example, from that link:

$1799

£1999 which, according to xe.com (which is close enough) is $3263.57.

To get a European price (and bear in mind that Thomann is frequently far cheaper than local stores because of its purchasing power), 2359 Euro , which is again around the $3300 mark.

Now let's look at Engl:

£1449- gak is a little overpriced for engls, but it's close enough. You're not getting a powerball for much less than about £1300 these days in the UK. That's well over $2000 ($2300 if you take the GAK price).

1444 Euro, which is $2036.

$1999

In conclusion:
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
heh. that took a while, but it was worth it. I'm sick of americans saying that europe's not so bad for gear based on faulty information. granted it's not as bad as australia or many other places, but it's nowhere near as cheap as the states.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
bollocks. Mesa is twice as expensive in europe as it is in the states. Engl is pretty much the same price regardless of whether you buy in europe or the USA. Ditto Framus. Diezel and Marshall are a little more expensive in the states, but nowhere near as much more as Mesa is in europe.

For example, from that link:

$1799

£1999 which, according to xe.com (which is close enough) is $3263.57.

To get a European price (and bear in mind that Thomann is frequently far cheaper than local stores because of its purchasing power), 2359 Euro , which is again around the $3300 mark.

Now let's look at Engl:

£1449- gak is a little overpriced for engls, but it's close enough. You're not getting a powerball for much less than about £1300 these days in the UK. That's well over $2000 ($2300 if you take the GAK price).

1444 Euro, which is $2036.

$1999

In conclusion:

ha and that mesa price is from an online store. A dual rec from gc can be bought for even cheaper. like around 1400 last time i saw. The US has some good prices. However alot mainstream jobs in areas(like the gc's within a 60 mile radius of me) dont carry engls or framus to try, or alot of other amps to try for that mater. Just mesa,peavy, line 6, some vht, 1 rockatron, some marshalls.
wow, that's even worse (about the prices).

It's the same here about the guitar shops with poor selections, though. As far as I'm aware, only two shops in ireland carry engl (and that's just because they flukily decided to be engl dealers). There isn't a single framus dealer in ireland. Nor diezel.

A lot of these more esoteric brands are rare here too unless you just happen to have a local dealer (for whatever reason- a dealer close to me in a small town was a brunetti dealer for some random reason, though it's since closed down), or live in a large city (and even then, it's not guaranteed).

The vast majority of shops here carry Fender and Gibson (and/or their sub-brands like squier) for the guitars, and marshall and fender for amps, too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jul 19, 2009,
Quote by Dave_Mc
wow, that's even worse (about the prices).

It's the same here about the guitar shops with poor selections, though. As far as I'm aware, only two shops in ireland carry engl (and that's just because they flukily decided to be engl dealers). There isn't a single framus dealer in ireland. Nor diezel.

A lot of these more esoteric brands are rare here too unless you just happen to have a local dealer (for whatever reason- a dealer close to me in a small town was a brunetti dealer for some random reason, though it's since closed down), or live in a large city (and even then, it's not guaranteed).

The vast majority of shops here carry Fender and Gibson (and/or their sub-brands like squier) for the guitars, and marshall and fender for amps, too.

thats beyond terrible.

I've only managed to tryout the non common stuff from accident on gc where they ordered it for someone and they didnt buy it at the last second. second hand gear they where trying to sell, or going to small guitar shops that have unique amps like riverias and super old plexis
yeah. i mean, it's not utterly terrible, but certainly the bigger brands like fender, gibson, ibanez etc. are much more common. it's not as bad in england/scotland/wales, if you're willing to undertake a 2-3 hour journey there are normally some decent shops within reach, as long as you're not in the far north of scotland or something, but it's not amazing here in ireland, anyway.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm not stealing this thread, but I'm actually happy I'm in Europe in terms of gear. I feel there is a larger selection of gear that suits me and my wishes. My two favourite amplifiers are made in the UK and in Germany, not American. That said, maybe because I can't get to try out American gear, I'm missing out. Who knows.

I'm also in Ireland and the best amp I tried out in Ireland was a Hughes&Kettner Duotone, ENGL Powerball, ENGL Thunder, Line 6 Spider Valve, and maybe a few others. I didn't like them that much anyway. They were all good, just not great.
^ yep, that's my big problem too. There's certainly good gear available here, but very little stuff I've tried here has been very, very good, bar vigier, and the odd very lucky second-hand find.

There are definitely a load of smaller US manufacturers though which we can't try here, unfortunately. So I can't really comment on whether I like european/UK-made amps or American ones better. Certainly out of what I've tried thus far I like both a lot, but the price always swings it the UK/European way, for me, anyway.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah. i mean, it's not utterly terrible, but certainly the bigger brands like fender, gibson, ibanez etc. are much more common. it's not as bad in england/scotland/wales, if you're willing to undertake a 2-3 hour journey there are normally some decent shops within reach, as long as you're not in the far north of scotland or something, but it's not amazing here in ireland, anyway.

That sucks. I'm spoild living in Austin. I can find pretty much anything I want new or used. The farthest I would have to drive is a few hours to go to the ENGL dealer.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

yeah. of course, i'm sure there are areas out in the sticks in the US where it's hundreds of miles to the nearest decent guitar shops- at least here, being in a small country, where you live might suck but it's normally not too far to somewhere at least vaguely decent.

But for guitar gear anyway, I'd definitely rather live in england or scotland.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yep, that's my big problem too. There's certainly good gear available here, but very little stuff I've tried here has been very, very good, bar vigier, and the odd very lucky second-hand find.

There are definitely a load of smaller US manufacturers though which we can't try here, unfortunately. So I can't really comment on whether I like european/UK-made amps or American ones better. Certainly out of what I've tried thus far I like both a lot, but the price always swings it the UK/European way, for me, anyway.
I really want to try out Vigier. They are supposed to be fantastic guitars.

There is actually an amplifer in American named Sligo Amps. Which is where I live.
Quote by mmolteratx
That sucks. I'm spoild living in Austin. I can find pretty much anything I want new or used. The farthest I would have to drive is a few hours to go to the ENGL dealer.

Are you able to find a framus dealer in austin? Last time i went the Guitar shops i visited didnt have any.
Quote by mexican_shred
Are you able to find a framus dealer in austin? Last time i went the Guitar shops i visited didnt have any.

Strait Music is a dealer but they rarely have anything there.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Strait Music is a dealer but they rarely have anything there.

Ah bummer. What can you find at your shops in teasip land erm austin?

College station doesnt really have a big selection just some marshalls and other stuff and houston has some stuff due to the boutique and mom and aficionado shops. Gc about once a month will have something new that will catch my eye to try
Diezel, ENGL and Orange dealer within 20 min = win

Orange Factory within 40 min = more win

I'll stop being smug now, the prices are still high..
Quote by mexican_shred
Ah bummer. What can you find at your shops in teasip land erm austin?

College station doesnt really have a big selection just some marshalls and other stuff and houston has some stuff due to the boutique and mom and aficionado shops. Gc about once a month will have something new that will catch my eye to try

You can find anything if you look hard enough. But stuff I've seen is Fuchs, Two Rock, XITS, Red Iron, 65 Amps, 1 Matamp, 1 Trainwreck, /13, Bogner, Soldano, Mesa, Fulton-Webb, Dr. Z, Hiwatt, H&K, and a slew of other amps along with your standard GC stuff.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by AngryGoldfish
I really want to try out Vigier. They are supposed to be fantastic guitars.

There is actually an amplifer in American named Sligo Amps. Which is where I live.

I was through sligo once. Seemed quite nice, but i didn't see much of it.

the Belfast Guitar Emporium is a Vigier dealer, they have about 5 or 6 of them in stock (at least they did last time I was there). Though that's a very awkward trip from Sligo.

I thought the Vigiers were really nice indeed, but my only concerns (and reasons why I wouldn't buy one) were more or less personal preference. They're nitpicking, to be honest, but at that kind of price I think I'm entitled to nitpick, lol.

Mainly, I don't like the gloss-painted backs of the guitars with coloured finishes, it's too sticky.

Would prefer a wider nut width.

Not too fussed on the stock pickups or the volume knob (which was very abrupt and didn't seem to have a treble bleed cap fitted).

Granted the pickups and volume knob are easily fixed (though at that price I'd prefer not to), but the other things aren't.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jul 19, 2009,
Quote by Dave_Mc
I was through sligo once. Seemed quite nice, but i didn't see much of it.

the Belfast Guitar Emporium is a Vigier dealer, they have about 5 or 6 of them in stock (at least they did last time I was there). Though that's a very awkward trip from Sligo.

I thought the Vigiers were really nice indeed, but my only concerns (and reasons why I wouldn't buy one) were more or less personal preference. They're nitpicking, to be honest, but at that kind of price I think I'm entitled to nitpick, lol.

Mainly, I don't like the gloss-painted backs of the guitars with coloured finishes, it's too sticky.

Would prefer a wider nut width.

Not too fussed on the stock pickups or the volume knob (which was very abrupt and didn't seem to have a treble bleed cap fitted).

Granted the pickups and volume knob are easily fixed (though at that price I'd prefer not to), but the other things aren't.
oh absolutely, there's nothing wrong with nitpicking. it's fun anyway.

you actually listed quite a few important aspects you don't like.
pickups are very much personal, but i have yet to find a guitar under £500 that has a perfect volume controller. so i can very much understand where you are coming from. i can imagine.

when you say glossy finish, are you talking about the neck. i have no problem with the body being so, but i much prefer a unstained/unfinished neck.

i haven't had enough experience with guitars to notice the difference in nut width.
oh, the neck's fine, i just mean the back of the body. It looks a bit lame that the front has a cool maple top, then the back is gloss black o_O It just looks (and feels) really cheap, if you ask me. there's the natural finish alder models which don't have that, but i preferred the tone and look of the ones with maple tops...

yeah, a couple of the points i mentioned were pretty important- or at least, virtually impossible to fix if you decided you couldn't get past them.

I don't think I've tried a perfect volume knob on any guitar, but some are a lot better than others, and I didn't really like the vigier one.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?