Hey,
i was just windering what i should do once i've left school to help with my music. I was going to talk to my music teacher about it, but i couldn't find him
At the moment im going to start BTEC music when i get into year 10, there was no gcse music and btec was the only one (some people told me before that btec was "crap" and to do GCSE). My musc teacher said it'll help me with performing and working in groups (which lately i haven't been doing)
So what i mean really is should i go to college or/and uni and take a music course? or find a music college(if they exist).
and if any ugers have left school could you please tell me what you did?
i know not to stay home after i've finished school and hope to get recognised by a record producer/ talent scouter.

thanks in advance and sorry if in the wrong thread/forum and if i made no sense
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Im assuming with your talent scouter sentance you want to become a big time artist? That way i dont think you need all these degrees in music. Go into college and take a range of A - levels and have music as one, that way you have something to fall back on.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by padgea7x
Hey,
i was just windering what i should do once i've left school to help with my music. I was going to talk to my music teacher about it, but i couldn't find him
At the moment im going to start BTEC music when i get into year 10, there was no gcse music and btec was the only one (some people told me before that btec was "crap" and to do GCSE). My musc teacher said it'll help me with performing and working in groups (which lately i haven't been doing)
So what i mean really is should i go to college or/and uni and take a music course? or find a music college(if they exist).
and if any ugers have left school could you please tell me what you did?
i know not to stay home after i've finished school and hope to get recognised by a record producer/ talent scouter.

thanks in advance and sorry if in the wrong thread/forum and if i made no sense

Did you say your leaving school..... like so you have more time for music?

or are you asking what to do, once you've graduated?
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Jul 19, 2009,
Quote by Oosh.
Im assuming with your talent scouter sentance you want to become a big time artist? That way i dont think you need all these degrees in music. Go into college and take a range of A - levels and have music as one, that way you have something to fall back on.

I dont really want to be a big time artist, being a band i would love though big or small.
thats a good idea, now i need to decide on a fall back.
and no im not leaving school yet (2 more years) i just got thinking cz everyone i knew (near enough) was saying what they were gonna do after school and i didnt know what i was doing. I should have more time for music since its the hols

Quote by Oosh.

take this advice.
getting a career in the music industry can sometimes rely too much on chance. if worse comes to worse, at least youll have something to go back to
Quote by Winsbury
take this advice.
getting a career in the music industry can sometimes rely too much on chance. if worse comes to worse, at least youll have something to go back to

thanks i probably will end up doing that. It is a very good thing to do

you can even go to uni, many band members meet there and you can make all kinds of contacts and get your name around
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.