Bought a RG350M today and i've noticed the E,B and G strings frets 1,2 and 3 have a horrible sounding buzz or they sound like the same note. This guitar has a floyd rose which I've never had before so im a little unsure of what to do..I also read something that sounds like I have to adust the action? Not a clue here so any help would be great cheers.
Ye, adjust the action, get the strings higher. Just look at the FR and maybe check the instruction book to find the screws to adjust the height of the strings...
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
You might need a possible set up, but im not familiar with Floyd Roses either.
Gear:
-2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-1 mini stack
Quote by Lewadra
Ye, adjust the action, get the strings higher. Just look at the FR and maybe check the instruction book to find the screws to adjust the height of the strings...

How do you adjust the action...
The actin just refers to the height of the strings off the fret board. I'm sure you can find some instructions online on how to do it with a Floyd rose. It'd be best to get it done by someone in a shop that knows what they're doing if you're a beginner.

It is also possible that your neck has a slight bow in it, meaning it's not straight. I'd take it to a shop if I were you.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by funkbass369 at Jul 19, 2009,
Yeah, if you're not totally sure of what you're doing when messing around with the FR, just take it to some guitar tech, many stores have services like that. Just ask if they could set it up for you.
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
Quote by Matt_B
How do you adjust the action...

the two black studs either side of the trem(3mm allen key that comes with the guitar) turn them anti-clockwise to raise, turn them evenly on both sides a 1/4 of a turn at a time.

look in the instruction manual that came with the guitar, but in case you didn`t get one

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/manual/guitars/guitar2009.pdf

here`s a pdf version(you need page 21) then ask the store where your manual is
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jul 19, 2009,
Damn i'll try and have a look myself I bought if from a shop today and they told me it had already been setup , thanks guys.
i bet it was PMT you bought it from, after the bullcrap and lousy customer service they gave me yesterday at the salford store i wouldn`t even buy a pick from them
If you take it to a store make sure you take it to a store with competant workers. I took my jazz bass to get set up and when I got it back the neck was bowed more than before and there was a big chunk of the finish missing. The truss rod was also stripped so I couldn't adjust it. The worst part was the shop went out of business before I could take it back to complain. I ended up having to buy a new neck.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by funkbass369 at Jul 19, 2009,
Took it to the store gonna cost 45pounds to get it set up properly and also like an idiot..snapped the E trying to tune it so has to be re strung as well
the douce bag who set up my iabez first time used a hammer or something on my locking nut
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
reading these comments makes me wanna cry...take your time getting to know your guitar, and adjust it little by little. you dont need any shops to adjust it for you.
I've never used a floyd rose before so I don't know the first thing about using one or how to tune it, or lower the action etc so yeah I did need a shop to adjust it..lol
Quote by Superbeasti
reading these comments makes me wanna cry...take your time getting to know your guitar, and adjust it little by little. you dont need any shops to adjust it for you.

if you want to play your guitar, it'll take too long to get to know how everything works (yes, I know it's easy, but for people who don't know, it can be hard...), and then it's easier to bring it to the store
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Maybe it would be a good idea to take the guitar to the shop if you haven't seen a properly adjusted guitar (or you can't imagine one based on the manual or guides) but take a good look at the neck and the action when you get it back. Read the manual...Read the parts concerning adjustment twice and maybe try some of the adjustments to your old guitar. You probably have to set up your guitar again in 6 months so now you should be able to do it yourself. Just make sure you are using a proper tool for the truss rod.
£45 for a setup? ****, the place I go usually does it for £20 including a restring. They're the best in the area. I normally do it myself but it had some neck damage that I didn't want to be responsible for if it broke >.< Sorted it out. Fret buzz, neck damage and intonation all fixed in a day. Love that PGM.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Yeah 45 not good man just got it back though and it sounds brilliant now 1000 times better and if I hadn't have taken it in i'd have been playing it sounding like **** for months